An Old School Catholic Message Board

America's Vaticrats Wish You Happy National Migration Week!

Budge

From other message board.

They got this right...

[quote]MSM claims Hispanics are merely doing jobs Americans refuse...of course 95% of those jobs were formerly cheerfully done by Americans. [b]It's a slave labor system--many illegals (& even legals) endure housing & food that's even worse than back in Mexico. Blinkered US middle-class has accepted this carp too long: I know folks who would rather jump off a cliff rather than buy a US car, hire an American nanny etc. Yuppies are too ignorant to realize they're sealing the doom of their kids.[/b][/quote]

• 2 months later...

The latest.

Bishops collaberating FOR illegal immigration.

Any of you upset about this?
[quote]
Code: ZE07052218

Date: 2007-05-22

President of U.S. Bishops' Conference Speaks in Brazil

"The Great Mobility of Peoples Is Interweaving Us in One Cloth of Faith"

APARECIDA, Brazil, MAY 22, 2007 (Zenit.org).- Here is a translation of the report Bishop William Skylstad of Washington, president of the U.S. episcopal conference, delivered last week at the 5th General Conference of the Episcopate of Latin America and the Caribbean.

Dear brothers in the episcopate of Latin America, dear brothers and sisters in Christ, receive my cordial greeting on behalf of all the bishops of the episcopal conference of the United States. For my brother bishops from the delegation of the United States and myself, it is an honor to be able to participate in this 5th General Conference of the Episcopate of Latin America and the Caribbean and benefit from the abundance of grace that we are receiving during these three weeks of prayer, study and commitment. We want to have solidarity in the task of evangelizing this entire continent.

How could we fail to recall with profound gratitude the collaboration and closeness there has been between our peoples throughout our history? In many key moments, we have made of our continent, one America, one Church, as the Servant of God John Paul II reminded us. Many of our first parishes and some of the cathedrals of the United States were built with help coming from countries like Mexico, Cuba and Argentina.

In 1965, during the last session of the Second Vatican Council, the prelates of the United States agreed to carry out, through the bishops, an annual national collection to offer economic support to the Church's pastoral projects in Latin America and the Caribbean. The committee offers help to the Church's projects especially related to the application of the conclusions from Vatican II, from the 2nd general conferences of Latin American bishops in Medellin and from the 3rd general conference of Latin American bishops in Puebla. It gives special priority to the pastoral programs and projects that offer the Church in Latin America a base on which to plan its actions efficiently. In the same way, it will be at the service of the initiatives and priorities that arise from our conference in Aparecida.
[u][b]In 2003, the bishops of the United States and Mexico approved the historic declaration "Together on the Journey of Hope," in which both episcopates joined to examine the impact of migration on the social, political and spiritual life of the two countries. Motivated by the call of the Holy Father for a "new evangelization" and a greater unity among the Catholics of this hemisphere, the bishops offered a detailed guide to all of those who minister to immigrants, and concrete steps for improving pastoral experiences. The declaration also offered a political recommendation to the two nations for respecting the dignity of the immigrant.[/b]
[/u]
{HEY CATHOLICS DONT MISS THIS ONE---!!!!!!!!}

Since 2004, we have cooperated with CELAM [the Latin American bishops' council] in the project of translating the Bible of the Church in America; the bishops' council of the Unites States has committed itself to funding for the next 10 years -- using the funds from the collection for the Church in Latin America -- the preparation of a Bible for pastoral and liturgical use for the entire American continent.

Together with the bishops of Latin America, the bishops of the United States share a pastoral concern for young people. In June of 2006, in Notre Dame University, the first encounter for Latin American youth was held. This encounter showed the vigor and quality of the Catholic faith that immigrant youth have brought to this country. We were pleased that a delegation from CELAM honored us with their presence.

In these moments, we are concerned about the immigration reform that is being considered in the United States Congress. I ask your prayers as we continue fighting for a just and broad immigration reform that respects the dignity of the human being and promotes the integrity of immigrant families.

I echo the words of the Holy Father Benedict XVI in his message for the World Day of Migrants and Refugees: "Dear friends, the reality of immigration should never be seen as just a problem, but rather also and above all as a great resource for the journey of humanity." The great mobility of peoples is interweaving us in one cloth of faith, rich in diversity and culture. Those who go in search of paths of hope and life demand from their pastors that we are in fraternal communion and committed to giving an answer in solidarity with them.

[Translation by ZENIT]

email this article[/quote]

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1281601' date='May 26 2007, 08:42 AM']The latest.

Bishops collaberating FOR illegal immigration.

Any of you upset about this?[/quote]
Hi Budge. Where in that article did they say they support illegal immigration?

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1207831' date='Mar 4 2007, 03:28 PM']I love how they say Apostolic Succession, and yet the fail to observe the most basic Apostolic Doctrine, that everybody in your church should go from home to home breaking bread.

If the church actually bothered to do that, more people might start thinking about God and church, because they would see it as a way to connect with friends and family.

Over half my friends are people that attend the church I started my Christian walk in. And every time we go to Wendys, or Pizza Hut, people see us, and I don't know how many families start their Christian walk because they see us fellowshipping.

As a Libertarian, I think Mexicans should stay in their own country and try to earn a living there. They shouldn't be taking Jobs from people of another nation.[/quote]

Excuse me? what are you talking about? the church spend the first 4 centuries celebrating mass in peoples homes. when I was in houston with the founder of phatmass and father pontifex, father pontifex said mass in Don John's house! It happens even today. Please stop thinking you know everything that goes on in the lives of Catholics.

So mass at home happens on rare occasion...

its not the normal way things are done.

Anyhow I am finding the growth of the home church momvement to be interesting..{not talking about home churches that are cell ones, under denominations} Many Christians are going that route due to the over all apostacy of Christian churches.

HollyDolly
:annoyed: The insanity has to stop.There has to be a cap on immigration.I agree with Budge and Annomaly in many of the things they said.Why doesn't the US and Un hold Mexico's Politicans feet to the fire to to more for it's people?
Wages go down even more here.Corporations ship jobs to Mexico,India,China etc. cause it's cheap labor.
There have been protests wherever they have had meetings of the World Bank by farmers and other workers from the US,Mexico,etc.All the time you read about the obscene amounts of money and perks these executives of companies get.
Yet how much of that trickles down to Americans working for american companies here in the states?
Where is the concern of the bishops in latin america for their poor? There is none.maybe a few perhasp,but not enough.That's why the evangelical churches are making head way there,because there seems to be little concern and activity by the native church in the peoples lives.I'm of course not talking about missionaries,and those truly concerned latin american priests and nuns who want to help their people,but others in the church who do nothing.
A poor church for the poor was part of the reason for the success of the Cathars,Peter Waldo and others before Luther due to the contrast between the lives of the poor and that of the rich church,a situation we have today.
Mexico and Latin America is rotten to the core with corruption.In the San Antonio paper they carry news of mexico and the americas.If reporters in Mexico try to do stories on political and police corruption,they get killed.

I wonder what my dear sainted grandfather would say to this.He was a first generation German American and a member of the AFL
and served as secretary and later president of the meat Cutters Union up in Milwaukee.Speaking of which,I read in the paper some time ago that wages cutting meat and that in the slaughter houses had gone down due to the influce of illegals working in these plants.I don't recall the amount right now,but it was consideriable.

Google Mexican billionaires.

An Oligarchy runs that place and corruption is rife. With no middle class or very little of one, and nothing but "peasants" to rule over, their power is that much more intact.

[url="http://www.forbes.com/2003/05/23/cz_kd_0523mexico.html"]http://www.forbes.com/2003/05/23/cz_kd_0523mexico.html[/url]

The future of the American middle class is that most likely there isnt going to be one.

Meat cutters used to make a decent middle class wage to support family, not any more...they pay them now a few dollars an hour if not less. Thats another field that went by the wayside.

Remember the world bank is under the auspices of the UN...

You are right that the people in Latin America have realized the bishops there are more aligned with the elites and that is why the evangelical and pente churches are doing so well.

Money and politics always corrupts christianity/. This is why I have said that Rome's marriage to the state, has been a bad deal all through out history as well as even present days evanangelicalism Dominionism.

Any evangelical church hooking up with the NWO...elites, and globalization should be avoided as well, Think Rick Warren and his globalist P.E.A.C.E plans done under the UN.

What it comes down to is the global elites SUPPORT OPEN BORDERS...because it maeks them MORE MONEY. cheap transferable labor.

There are good catholic people in the trenches like the nuns and priests u mention who do care, but the sad fact of the matter is the Vatican is joined at the hip with the Globalist elites and their plans for OPEN BORDERS.

So dont let the we love the migrant worker talk fool you.

I knew of Mexican sweat shops [where they were located in my old ghetto neighborhood where the people would work 16 hours plus a day] .

This is all about EXPLOITATION on both sides of the border.

Edited by Budge