An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is It Rejecting God?

JesusIPray

I want to be clear about one thing before I ask this question, this HAS NOT happened to me.

This is more like a situation, but I'm sure its happened to some Catholics out there:

Your in a situation where someone is trying to rape you (general you), and he has a weapon. You can refuse him to rape you, but you know he'll kill you if you do, and you are really scared. If you allow him to comit this terrible action, does that mean your rejecting God? All of the things intertwined with rape (sex outside of marraige ext...), although you cannot control that in a rape situation, AND God doesn't put a black mark on your record for that. BUT you could have accepted to get killed for what you believe in, but if you dont and allow this to happen, are you rejecting God by doing this?

No, you would not be rejecting God by allowing yourself to be raped to save your life. No, it does not have any gravity as far as sin is concerned. It is an act that is forced upon you.

Certainly, those who have chosen to die instead of being raped have a special crown in Heaven. As can be attested to in the beautiful life of St. Maria Goretti.

Keep the faith.

Fr. Pontifex