An Old School Catholic Message Board

Resurrection Of The Body, And Christ's Marriage To The Church

Franimus

I was reading [url="http://www.christopherwest.com/article8.asp"]this, an article by Christopher West,[/url] when the thought struck me.
[quote]Using the spousal image as an analogy, we can say that God’s plan from all eternity is to “marry” us (see Hos 2:19). And this eternal plan was foreshadowed and revealed “from the beginning” by our creation as male and female and our call to become “one flesh.” The human body has a “nuptial meaning,” according to John Paul, because it proclaims and reveals God’s eternal plan of love + his plan for nuptial union between man and woman and, analogously speaking, between Christ and the Church.

As St. Paul says quoting from Genesis, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery, and I mean in reference to Christ and the Church” (Eph 5:31, 32).

Christ left his Father in heaven. He left the home of his mother on earth + to give up his body for his Bride, so that we might become “one flesh” with him and be taken up into the life of the Trinity for all eternity.[/quote]
Will our resurrected bodies really just be one flesh, part of the Body of Christ, instead of us each having our own body? For some reason, this doesn't seem to be in line with Catholic teaching, yet it seems to follow from the rest of this.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='Franimus' post='1208865' date='Mar 5 2007, 09:49 PM']I was reading [url="http://www.christopherwest.com/article8.asp"]this, an article by Christopher West,[/url] when the thought struck me.

Will our resurrected bodies really just be one flesh, part of the Body of Christ, instead of us each having our own body? For some reason, this doesn't seem to be in line with Catholic teaching, yet it seems to follow from the rest of this.[/quote]
If I am not mistaken, the doctrine of theosis says that we taken into the divine nature of Jesus Christ when we reach our heavenly home. Hopefully Apotheoun will see this since he is good with this subject.