RezaMikhaeil Posted March 17, 2007 Posted March 17, 2007 [quote name='Revprodeji' post='1214403' date='Mar 15 2007, 09:41 PM']What isnt? point-by-point, wanna show me what isnt? Just curious.[/quote] I'm not going to go through every point but it wasn't 300 VS 1 million. Both the Greeks and Persians had help from other sides. The Spartans didn't fight solo, they had help from even "the corinthians" [among lots of others], as Persians also had help, it wasnt like the movie dictates, not even close. Reza
Fixxxer Posted March 17, 2007 Author Posted March 17, 2007 [quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1214838' date='Mar 17 2007, 12:13 AM']I'm not going to go through every point but it wasn't 300 VS 1 million. Both the Greeks and Persians had help from other sides. The Spartans didn't fight solo, they had help from even "the corinthians" [among lots of others], as Persians also had help, it wasnt like the movie dictates, not even close. Reza[/quote] Well the spartans werent solo in the movie. 300 keeps some basic truth to it but is more for entertainment. If anything many people including me will go on to learn the real story.
N/A Gone Posted March 18, 2007 Posted March 18, 2007 Unles the Iran's use half human half God gender bending leaders and undead super ninjas in need of facial care for the military why would they be offended?
Sojourner Posted March 18, 2007 Posted March 18, 2007 I saw this last night ... not impressed. I mean, I recognize the technical excellence in rendering the story, but it really didn't connect for me ... maybe it's this style of movie? Although I felt I connected more to Sin City than this one.
heavenseeker Posted March 19, 2007 Posted March 19, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1215327' date='Mar 18 2007, 01:20 AM']I saw this last night ... not impressed. I mean, I recognize the technical excellence in rendering the story, but it really didn't connect for me ... maybe it's this style of movie? Although I felt I connected more to Sin City than this one. [/quote] ur just broken because 300 was a awesome movie.
DemonSlayer Posted March 19, 2007 Posted March 19, 2007 The anti-clerical nature of Sin City kept me from really liking it.
heavenseeker Posted March 23, 2007 Posted March 23, 2007 saw it again, only way to make it more realistic is if the ground was blood soaked, only real major flaw that i saw on seeing it again
Lounge Daddy Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 saw this movie a few days ago with my friend, Free Range Arnold Awesome awesome awesome! and the fact that some in Iran claimed it to be US Government wartime propaganda made me like it more - hehe (I so very much wish that were true) Arnold thought the dialog got a bit "wordy" but other than that, he liked it also. I plan on seeing it again with the wife this week.
Paladin Posted April 3, 2007 Posted April 3, 2007 If you want a nice flick for the kids, try [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqiSkd1M6k"]the PG version[/url].
jp2_rules Posted April 7, 2007 Posted April 7, 2007 I still haven't seen it, and I still want to. I was trying to get to an IMAX to see it, which threw me off, cause that didn't work out. We'll see what happens. Sin City was marvelously made, and from what I've heard, 300 is as well.
White Knight Posted April 7, 2007 Posted April 7, 2007 (edited) The fighting choreography was brillant, the storyline too comic bookish and not enough historical basis to back up or strengthen the storyline, certain scenes looked really hoaxy, others looked really Great, too much non-professional CGI to the artistic, trained eye, the CGI Animated blood killed it, it looked too fake and not in a cool way ethier, thoses who have good eyes, can see the major flaws in the background and within these films. If anybody has taken any Graphic Design Classes they well see what others normally do not see. The only thing that stopped this movie from being a complete failure was the fighting, if it had more it would probally have had a higher rating for me, I give it a 2 out of 10. Edited April 7, 2007 by White Knight
cathoholic Posted April 25, 2007 Posted April 25, 2007 [quote name='Paladin' post='1227640' date='Apr 2 2007, 08:35 PM']If you want a nice flick for the kids, try [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqiSkd1M6k"]the PG version[/url]. [/quote] Funny movie, can't say I love their love of death and gratuitous (not to mention hilarious) sex scene as a buch of parents sat with their kids watching. But the Fighting sequences were awesome and that PG Version was genious Ha!
Lena Posted April 25, 2007 Posted April 25, 2007 I just saw this, and wasn't too impressed. The dialogue, especially the narration, was too melodramatic.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now