Ekilharas Posted January 26, 2004 Posted January 26, 2004 Happy Birthday! Blessings and Prayers! Nell
Paladin D Posted January 26, 2004 Posted January 26, 2004 Thanks guys, I appreciate it. :D Prior to my birthday, I was telling everyone that I was planning on getting the Indiana Jones DVD Pack. Well to my suprise, on the 24th... my mom came home with groceries and such from Wal-Mart. As I went out to help her, (and having absolutely no idea) I saw the Indiana Jones DvD pack through the Wal-Mart bag. I made-pretend that I didn't see it... for now. As I went along to do some outside manual labor (we're clearing the side of our driveway from thorn vines, small trees, and etc), I started to feel worried. Mainly because... The DvD pack I saw through the bag (by chance), was a sandish color. The sandish cover is the Full Screen resolution, which I DIDN'T want to get. While the redish cover, was the Wide Screen resolution. So? Well the problem is... when they record and release a film in theatres, it's in a Wide Screen resolution. If you notice at the theatre, it looks more like a rectangularish shape... that's the original resolution. But since most standard television sets are squares, they cut the sides so it can fit in the TV screen. Wide Screen = It's not as "tall", so you'll see black on the top and bottom of the picture (like in a theatre). But you see everything, nothing is cut off. Full Screen = Fills the entire screen, but the sides are cut off so it can fit. That's why I prefer Wide Screen over Full Screen. Anyways... later on (with great difficulty) told my mom how I saw it, and how it wasn't in the resolution I wanted. Well at first she was disappointed, but felt better that I told her sooner (if I didn't, I would have had to wait a day before returning the DvD pack back, and getting the other resolution). It turns out, my dad told her to get the Full Screen... so she somewhat shifted the blame on him. (My mom had to go back out anyway to do something, so she took the DVD pack back, and bought the other resolution) Sooner or later, my dad finds out as well, he chuckled about it and remarked how "Why don't we celebrate your birthday today?" which was kind of odd, since my mom commented about that BEFORE he found out.
Paladin D Posted January 26, 2004 Posted January 26, 2004 I wish you everything your heart desires and your first kiss from a Girl. Must...kiss...a...girl...
Lil Red Posted January 26, 2004 Posted January 26, 2004 HAPPY BIRTHDAY PALADIN!!!!! YOU ARE SO amesome! I LOVE TO READ YOUR POSTS!!!! GOD BLESS YOU EVERY DAY!!!!!
ironmonk Posted January 26, 2004 Posted January 26, 2004 Happy Birthday You Catholic Jedi! :saber: :birthday: :incense: :balloons: :bishop: :bishop: :chef: :clown: :jesus: :shield: :saber: :peace: :D God Bless!!!! ironmonk
Jake Huether Posted January 26, 2004 Posted January 26, 2004 Pal! Happy Birthday! I love to read your posts. I hope all your b'day wishes come true! And I'm jealous of you because I love Indiana Jones. When I was about 10 years old I even had a real bull-whip to be like him! LOL.
foundsheep Posted January 27, 2004 Posted January 27, 2004 He must be celebrating , I havent seen him on tonight.
Paladin D Posted January 27, 2004 Posted January 27, 2004 THANK YOU! :D Yes, the Indiana Jones DvD pack is amesome. For more details, go here... http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp...3A4096%3A118534
littleflower+JMJ Posted January 27, 2004 Posted January 27, 2004 i hope you had a WONDERFUL DAY today!! you are so special to all of us here at PM! you have taught us so much thru you wanting to learn more about the truth and being sincere in questions. i too love reading your posts! ^_^ happy birthday!! :D +JMJ
foundsheep Posted January 27, 2004 Posted January 27, 2004 ONE FINAL B DAY BUMP FOR THE MIGHTY PALADIN!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now