An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Can The Laity Do To Get Groups Like This Thrown Out Of The Church

thessalonian

thessalonian

I've about had it with this nonsense. What can be done to get groups like this to stop using the Catholic name or thrown out of the Church?

[url="http://www.cpcsm.org/"]http://www.cpcsm.org/[/url]

This is just plain wrong!

Unfortunately "catholic" isn't a trademark or service mark registered to the USCCB, so I don't think there is much that can be done to stop groups like cpcsm from using "Catholic" in its name.

Mateo el Feo

I'd recommend Fr. Mitch Pacwa's book, "Father, Forgive Me for I Am Frustrated."
[url="http://www.amazon.com/Father-Forgive-Me-Am-Frustrated/dp/089283840X/ref=sr_1_1/102-0087848-9919312?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173818623&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.com/Father-Forgive-Me-Am...8623&sr=8-1[/url]

There are a number of resources (organizations, addresses, websites, etc) at the back which I found helpful.

[quote name='Staretz' post='1213130' date='Mar 13 2007, 01:56 PM']Unfortunately "catholic" isn't a trademark or service mark registered to the USCCB, so I don't think there is much that can be done to stop groups like cpcsm from using "Catholic" in its name.[/quote]

The USCCB? Who cares what they approve of!? They might even approve of the website linked to in the original post. I think groups should get approval from first the bishop of the diocese and then the Holy See without having to go through national councils of bishops.

Edited by StThomasMore

thessalonian

Here's the nonsense they will be discussing. They call it a plenary session as if it has some sort of legit authority. These people need to be excommunicated!

General Session Speakers
Margaret Farley, RSM - Matrimony and Same-Sex Relationships
Richard McBrien - Ordination to the Priesthood and Gay Men
Brian McNaught - Baptism and the Sacrament of "Coming Out"
Helen Prejean, CSJ - Reconciliation, Liberation, and Lesbian/Gay People
Archbishop Francis Hurley and Bishops Leroy Matthiesen & Joseph Sullivan -Panel: Healing our Wounds and Building an Inclusive Community

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Focus Session Speakers and Topics
Michael Bayley & Julie Madden - Breaking Bread: Lesbian/Gay Parish Ministry
Sharon Casey, OP - Lesbian Nuns: Steps, Stumbles, and Strides
Fran Ferder, FSPA - Sacraments, Psychology, and Lesbian/Gay People
Christine Gudorf - Intersex, Transgendered Persons, and the Sacraments
Diana Hayes - The Sacrament of Reconciliation and Homophobia
Luke Timothy Johnson - Word Made Flesh: Scripture and Homosexuality
Anthony Kall, OFM conv - Gay Men in the Priesthood and Religious Life
Brenda Kirby - US Catholic Attitudes toward Homosexuality
Daniel Maguire - Conscience and Same Sex Marriage
Gregory Maguire - Gay Parenting in a Sacramental Church

Edited by thessalonian

thessalonian

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1213196' date='Mar 13 2007, 07:13 PM']The USCCB? Who cares what they approve of!? They might even approve of the website linked to in the original post. I think groups should get approval from first the bishop of the diocese and then the Holy See without having to go through national councils of bishops.[/quote]

Who cares what your trad bishop approves of. :annoyed: Quite honestly anyone who opposes the legitimate magesterium (Who cares what they approve of!? ) isn't that much better than these folks.

Edited by thessalonian

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1213200' date='Mar 13 2007, 05:17 PM']Who cares what your trad bishop approves of. :annoyed: Quite honestly anyone who opposes the legitimate magesterium (Who cares what they approve of!? ) isn't that much better than these folks.[/quote]

I don't have a schismatic trad bishop. My bishop is the bishop of my diocese, and he by no menas supports the Traditional Latin Mass, he merely tolerates it. I don't oppose the ligitimate magisterium, I just think the USCCB is a laughing stock and should be dismantled by the Holy See. Catholic Oecumenical Councils are good. National or regional synods like those of Baltimore are good. But the USCCB is not good.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1213197' date='Mar 13 2007, 08:16 PM']Here's the nonsense they will be discussing. They call it a plenary session as if it has some sort of legit authority. These people need to be excommunicated!

General Session Speakers
Margaret Farley, RSM - Matrimony and Same-Sex Relationships
Richard McBrien - Ordination to the Priesthood and Gay Men
Brian McNaught - Baptism and the Sacrament of "Coming Out"
Helen Prejean, CSJ - Reconciliation, Liberation, and Lesbian/Gay People
Archbishop Francis Hurley and Bishops Leroy Matthiesen & Joseph Sullivan -Panel: Healing our Wounds and Building an Inclusive Community
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Focus Session Speakers and Topics
Michael Bayley & Julie Madden - Breaking Bread: Lesbian/Gay Parish Ministry
Sharon Casey, OP - Lesbian Nuns: Steps, Stumbles, and Strides
Fran Ferder, FSPA - Sacraments, Psychology, and Lesbian/Gay People
Christine Gudorf - Intersex, Transgendered Persons, and the Sacraments
Diana Hayes - The Sacrament of Reconciliation and Homophobia
Luke Timothy Johnson - Word Made Flesh: Scripture and Homosexuality
Anthony Kall, OFM conv - Gay Men in the Priesthood and Religious Life
Brenda Kirby - US Catholic Attitudes toward Homosexuality
Daniel Maguire - Conscience and Same Sex Marriage
Gregory Maguire - Gay Parenting in a Sacramental Church[/quote]

All "good stuff," but the speaker with the topic on the "Sacrament of 'Coming Out'" gets extra points for super-blasphemy. There must be some kind of prize, they're all trying so hard.

Mateo el Feo

Here's a link regarding the archbishop, who is apparently denying communion to participants because of their dissenting views:

[url="http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1052746.html"]http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1052746.html[/url]

I don't quite get the logic of an archbishop participating, and thereby lending credibility to this conference. I guess he could be using the opportunity to confront dissent directly.

Edited by Mateo el Feo

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1213196' date='Mar 13 2007, 08:13 PM']The USCCB? Who cares what they approve of!? They might even approve of the website linked to in the original post. I think groups should get approval from first the bishop of the diocese and then the Holy See without having to go through national councils of bishops.[/quote]

I would like to think that [b]ANY[/b] faithful catholic would care about what the bishops approve of.

thessalonian

I am attempting to organize a peaceful demonstration if anyone is in the Minneapolis Area and would like to join me. PM me if you might come.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1213200' date='Mar 13 2007, 07:17 PM']Who cares what your trad bishop approves of. :annoyed: Quite honestly anyone who opposes the legitimate magesterium (Who cares what they approve of!? ) isn't that much better than these folks.[/quote]

Not that I often agree with STM's extremities...

but it was Mother Teresa who said "Keep one eye on your bishop and one eye on the pope. When they are different, keep both eyes on the pope".....
i have never heard of anything from the USCCB that was suspicious, i just think they are pretty weak and indecisive....i don't think they speak out [i]enough[/i]. sure they issue statements from time to time, but it doesnt seem like most people know that they exist....