An Old School Catholic Message Board

Irl Youth Session

happynun

On Saturday, April 14th, the Institute on Religious Life will be holding its annual Youth Session for Vocations. Many Religious Orders will be represented and your Salesian Sisters will be making their debut! :clap:

Come and meet me and the other sisters and aspirants who will be with me! It will be a good time and philosobrat (who has been there many times) tells me that the grounds are beautiful!

For more information please go [url="http://www.religiouslife.com/nm_upcoming.html"]HERE[/url] and you will need to click on "Free Saturday Youth Session" to register.

So, who is coming?!

:cool:

[quote name='happynun' post='1213119' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:40 PM']On Saturday, April 14th, the Institute on Religious Life will be holding its annual Youth Session for Vocations. Many Religious Orders will be represented and your Salesian Sisters will be making their debut! :clap:

Come and meet me and the other sisters and aspirants who will be with me! It will be a good time and philosobrat (who has been there many times) tells me that the grounds are beautiful!

For more information please go [url="http://www.religiouslife.com/nm_upcoming.html"]HERE[/url] and you will need to click on "Free Saturday Youth Session" to register.

So, who is coming?!

:cool:[/quote]

That's great. i'm glad y'all are going. I went last year and it was wonderful. I would love to go again but it jsut doens't work out for me this year.

We will all be praying for the success of the day! Please keep us informed of the events and how it went
AliceMary

philosophette

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1213122' date='Mar 13 2007, 03:45 PM']coolness! i've never heard of them before. where is it?[/quote]

The Seminary of St Mary of the Lakes --- Mundelein, IL. Its in Northeastern IL.

AlterDominicus

Man, when I get my license, I cant wait to attend my first IRL conference! :birds: :flowers: Haha, as you can tell, I am desperate.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1213232' date='Mar 13 2007, 09:00 PM']Man, when I get my license, I cant wait to attend my first IRL conference! :birds: :flowers: Haha, as you can tell, I am desperate.[/quote]

amanda, the arch diocese take a group of every year. the Sisters in Jesus the Lord organize and take a coach bus down. here is the info from their website I pasted.

Fri.-Sun., April 13-15, 2007 Chicago Trip! National Meeting of the Institute on Religious Life in Mundelein, IL. This trip is open to people ages 13 and up: youth, laity, priests, consecrated, and religious! This will be the seventh year for Sr. Julia to lead a group of people ages 13-30+ to this wonderful weekend at Mundelein Seminary outside of Chicago. Over 50 different religious orders are represented, and it is a wonderful opportunity to meet priests, brothers, and sisters, while gaining a healthy respect for religious life!

Our special group rate: $175.00 per person (scholarships are available) which includes transportation by coach bus to and from St. Paul, MN, the three day conference, lodging (at Mundelein Seminary), meals, and a banquet. The recipient of the award at the banquet this year is Fr. Thomas Dubay, renowned author and speaker.

We look forward to a large group again this year--some years we've taken as many as 40. This conference is always held on Divine Mercy Weekend, the weekend after Easter. Contact us today!
Sr.Julia (651) 291-7777

AlterDominicus

Does anyone know what other orders will be there??

I know a couple that might be obvious, but other then that, not really.

There are, from what I understand, usually your beloved Dominicans, Sisters of Mary Mother of the Church, CFRs, Carmelites, Franciscans... all kinds....

and of course, us!

Anyone going to be in the Columbus, OH area around lunch time on Friday, April 13th? We will be passing through and would love to meet up with some of ya'll!

Let me know!

AlterDominicus

[Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist haha] but yeah...you and I need to have a heart to heart talk. Nothing freaky, dont worry. :lol: lol

The[url="http://www.sistersofcharity.com/ourlady.htm"] Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of the Church[/url] are a real order.

Never head of them? :rolleyes:

Email me any time --- why would I be worried?