An Old School Catholic Message Board

Budge

thessalonian

thessalonian

You will convince noone on this board of anything by throwing up straw man after straw man. in fact you only confirm our faith. Further in my experience people like you end up pushing those on the fences toward catholicism because your nonsense is obvious to everyone but yourself. But stay, please. We love ya sister.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1216444' date='Mar 20 2007, 11:13 AM']You will convince noone on this board of anything by throwing up straw man after straw man. in fact you only confirm our faith. Further in my experience people like you end up pushing those on the fences toward catholicism because your nonsense is obvious to everyone but yourself. But stay, please. We love ya sister.[/quote]

She really wants to return to the Catholic Church, I suspect. She feels called to return but for whatever reason is struggling against it. It reminds me of the passage from Acts when the Lord says to Paul, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goad." ("It is hard for you to kick against the goad: this proverb is commonly found in Greek literature and in this context signifies the senselessness and ineffectiveness of any opposition to the divine influence in h[er] life.")

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1216673' date='Mar 20 2007, 08:40 PM']Hahaha... You deserve a trophy :)
You get a Budge award![/quote]

Methinks the trophy will be made out of straw and tripe :lol_roll:

I find it valuable. If an argument or anti-catholic sludge is presented that I have never heard before I can seem some examples of how to deal with it and work through it. Sad enough, budge has increased my faith as a catholic in seeing how if this is the best a anti-catholic has then there is no doubt Rome is home.