An Old School Catholic Message Board

Noah's Ark Found

TruthSeeker777

TruthSeeker777

For some it may be old news but i for one did not know about it untill not to long ago.
There's quite few dvd's out on the subject too.
I've posted the best one, its quite interesting.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5ORpMTebI"]Discovery of Noah's ark.[/url]

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Truthseeker777' post='1216884' date='Mar 21 2007, 05:57 PM']For some it may be old news but i for one did not know about it untill not to long ago.
There's quite few dvd's out on the subject too.
I've posted the best one, its quite interesting.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y5ORpMTebI"]Discovery of Noah's ark.[/url][/quote]

Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely convinced. I couldn't watch all of the video at the moment, but will try again later, as I am interested. I do remember when the Dogubayazit site (I think this is the one the video was talking about, again, I'll watch more later) was discovered, but I'm fairly sure it's been examined by geologists and determined to be a natural formation. I can't find any evidence of their being a national park in Turkey dedicated to the ark, other than Ron Wyatt's own website, that is. In Turkey, archaeology is taken very seriously and you have to be able to prove what is there and be able to restore it, at least from what I hear from excavators at Ephesus.

There's also a more recent possible site identified in Iran. However, I can't find where either of these expeditions have actually had archaeologists on them. Personally, that takes away a lot of credibility. Even with other scholars, you need trained archaeologists, or else excavations generally get botched. Not that such a thing can't happen even with archaeologists, but it's less likely that way.

Don't misunderstand, I would love it if they had really found it. But more examination & research needs to be done by archaeologists, especially if the archaeological community as a whole is going to believe it. Again, thank you for posting it. I'm really not trying to shoot down your idea or anything.

God bless.

Groo the Wanderer

Wow! I first watched this when I was a wee little laddie. Something like 25-30 years ago in fact.

I never really delved back into it to find out if it was legit or not though. :sailing:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1216942' date='Mar 21 2007, 09:43 PM']Wow! I first watched this when I was a wee little laddie. Something like 25-30 years ago in fact.

I never really delved back into it to find out if it was legit or not though. :sailing:[/quote]

It was a few years ago (don't remember exactly how long) when I heard it had been proven false (the one in Turkey, that is). My family likes to send me random newspaper clippings about archaeology just to make sure I'm keeping up to date. :)

TruthSeeker777

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1216938' date='Mar 21 2007, 11:38 PM']Thanks for posting this. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely convinced. I couldn't watch all of the video at the moment, but will try again later, as I am interested. I do remember when the Dogubayazit site (I think this is the one the video was talking about, again, I'll watch more later) was discovered, but I'm fairly sure it's been examined by geologists and determined to be a natural formation. I can't find any evidence of their being a national park in Turkey dedicated to the ark, other than Ron Wyatt's own website, that is. In Turkey, archaeology is taken very seriously and you have to be able to prove what is there and be able to restore it, at least from what I hear from excavators at Ephesus.

There's also a more recent possible site identified in Iran. However, I can't find where either of these expeditions have actually had archaeologists on them. Personally, that takes away a lot of credibility. Even with other scholars, you need trained archaeologists, or else excavations generally get botched. Not that such a thing can't happen even with archaeologists, but it's less likely that way.

Don't misunderstand, I would love it if they had really found it. But more examination & research needs to be done by archaeologists, especially if the archaeological community as a whole is going to believe it. Again, thank you for posting it. I'm really not trying to shoot down your idea or anything.

God bless.[/quote]

I think once you watch it you may just be convinced,it's pretty compelling. :detective:

Off topic.here's a site you might enjoy,maybe you know it? www.amazingdiscoveries.org

I believe the ark is in Turkey. The video possesses much evidence. Isn't God Almighty just wonderful for allowing us to see such evidence? :saint:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Truthseeker777' post='1216948' date='Mar 21 2007, 09:54 PM']I think once you watch it you may just be convinced,it's pretty compelling. :detective:

Off topic.here's a site you might enjoy,maybe you know it? www.amazingdiscoveries.org[/quote]

I have been to that site before, but I wish it would be a bit more in depth with the articles I've seen on there. Maybe I'm missing something. I guess it's that I would have to actually order the whole book? Feel free to PM me with any details I might have missed on it.

As for the video, I went back and watched it all, but I still can't say I'm convinced. Mainly because work at that site since his work has not confirmed his findings. I would like to see more on it, and again, I'd love it if I could accept this discovery, but at this point, I don't think the overall evidence points to it. Not to say that I won't change my mind when I look at more, just what I feel from what I've examined thus far. Again, thank you for taking the time to post it and everything, and for the other website. :)

Archaeology cat

I stand corrected about the national park in Turkey. There is a national park in the area of Mt. Ararat, though it is not specifically for Noah's ark. They mention Noah's ark in the description, but mainly say that they have not concluded the ark to be there. Also, it was not made a national park until 2004 (Wyatt claimed it was made a park for Noah's ark in the 80s or early 90s, I believe), as it was previously a military site.

Sorry for not finding that earlier, though. I didn't intentionally make that mistake. :)

I find it really intresting, however, I don't believe that all evolution is not in agrrement with the Bible. Just becuase Noah's arc exists dosn't mean that its verbatium true, infact small discrepiancies could show the Bible's flaws of being a story handed down over time.

RezaMikhaeil

I'd actually met one of the men that was part of an expedition that claimed to have "found" Noah's Ark, but I'm not convinced that they were telling the truth. He'd given me a grip of satelite photos and everything, told me alot of "details" about it but there was great holes in his account, and everything.

Reza

Archaeology cat

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1218087' date='Mar 24 2007, 06:35 AM']I'd actually met one of the men that was part of an expedition that claimed to have "found" Noah's Ark, but I'm not convinced that they were telling the truth. He'd given me a grip of satelite photos and everything, told me alot of "details" about it but there was great holes in his account, and everything.

Reza[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I've noticed. I mean, the Turkey site has been proven to be a natural geological formation, so far as I'm aware, but I don't know about the Iran site. I do know that no archaeologists are involved in the Iran site.

cmotherofpirl

THere are more holes in this theory than in the 6000 year old story. I have followed this story for years and not seen one accredited archeologist or geologist [meaning from a legitimate university] claim they have found Noahs Ark. I have more faith in Nessie or Yeti than this.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1218153' date='Mar 24 2007, 01:16 PM']THere are more holes in this theory than in the 6000 year old story. I have followed this story for years and not seen one accredited archeologist or geologist [meaning from a legitimate university] claim they have found Noahs Ark. I have more faith in Nessie or Yeti than this.[/quote]

Same here. It's dangerous to go to a site and already have an expectation of what you'll find. Obviously we might have an idea of the time period of a site and things like that, but it's bad archaeology to go to a site and say "we're going to find x in this spot". It kinda reminds me of what's going on with the so-called "Bosnian pyramids".

RezaMikhaeil

That's for sure, and Iran hasn't ever been notorious in hiding these things. I'd often hear "the Muslims wont let us get to it, because they dont want people to know about God's truth" but the truth is that Muslims believe in Noah's Ark too [its written in the Quran, similiarly to the story written in the Bible], so they'd want to find it just as much as Christians.

Iran has some of the most beautiful water caves and inside one of them, the water has created a statue of St. Mary the Theotokos, yet Iran allows tourists go to and take pictures of this without ceasing, they dont usually have a habbit of hiding these things.

In regards to the dude that I'd previously mentioned, a major whole in his story was his climb to the top of the mountains in Turkey and that he was a calvanist and using it for his own agenda.

Reza