An Old School Catholic Message Board

Healthy Pizza

cmotherofpirl

MissScripture

[quote name='Dudette' post='1224599' date='Mar 31 2007, 07:55 PM']*ahem* If I may be so bold, 50% of food that is is generally perceived as 'healthy' actually has a lot more to it than you think.

Bread crust, if it's white, it's not healthy for you. Only 100% whole wheat bread is [b]better[/b] for you. While tomatoes are good for you, tomato sauce can be dangerous, go take a look at the list of ingredients on the can, yeah you see spices etc, and then you get to 'flavouring.' Do anybody have [i]any[/i] idea how much carp goes into that flavouring? No thanks, I'll pass. Same goes for processed meats, yuck.

Just thought I would point this out. :)[/quote]
So, I'm assuming you wouldn't go in for my families theory that Chocolate covered rice krispy bars are a healthy breakfast...

MissScripture

We've tried to pull off oatmeal cookies as breakfast, as well. Mom wasn't quite so convinced about that one.

I remember when my mom switched us to wheat bread from white... Insurrection time!

But now we only eat whole wheat and would turn up our noses at white :rolleyes:

[quote name='dUSt' post='1220553' date='Mar 27 2007, 12:53 PM']Okay, so basically... If you want healthy pizza, just burn it.[/quote]

lol good one!

I love pizza. My mom makes this really good kind with broccoli and stuff one it. It's better for you.

[quote name='Dudette' post='1224599' date='Mar 31 2007, 10:55 PM']*ahem* If I may be so bold, 50% of food that is is generally perceived as 'healthy' actually has a lot more to it than you think.

Bread crust, if it's white, it's not healthy for you. Only 100% whole wheat bread is [b]better[/b] for you. While tomatoes are good for you, tomato sauce can be dangerous, go take a look at the list of ingredients on the can, yeah you see spices etc, and then you get to 'flavouring.' Do anybody have [i]any[/i] idea how much carp goes into that flavouring? No thanks, I'll pass. Same goes for processed meats, yuck.

Just thought I would point this out. :)[/quote]

party pooper.

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1224603' date='Mar 31 2007, 10:57 PM']Pineapples do not belong on pizza!

:maddest: :maddest: :maddest: :maddest: :maddest: :maddest: :maddest: :maddest: :maddest: :maddest:[/quote]

yumyumyum yes yes yes they do!!!!