An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Political Non-story Of March?

Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

The non-story award should go to the "Mass Attorney Firings" of 2007.
This is such a huge story! Or it seems that way. It's made to look that way.

By "mass firings" the main stream media means "letting eight attorneys go"

why is this the hypocritical stupid waste-of-time non-story the talked about national the month?
I dunno. It shouldn't be. It is a non-story.
[[url="http://newsbusters.org/media/1993-04-12-CNNWNReno.mp3"]AUDIO HERE[/url]] listen and get educated

Edited by Lounge Daddy

KnightofChrist

Oh elected democrats, theirs nothing like wasting time and tax payer dollars on "controversy" like firing 8 attorneys.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Groo the Wanderer

Methinks the real controversy is not

That eight lawyers were fired

but rather

That NOT ALL lawyers were ELIMINATED

THAT is the true tragedy here :spanking: :lol_roll:

It's less that they were fired (well within the right of the Dept. of Justice), but that Gonzales perjured when he said 1) neither he nor knew they were being fired, and 2) they were being fired for performance reasons. Investigation has made it painfully clear that Gonzales and the president both knew, and that they were being fired for not fitting in with the political mindset.

Can you fire a lawyer for breaking political rank? Certainly, it happens all the time. But he lied under oath about it. It's no different from the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, and that went all the way up to impeachment.

Moral of the story: Democrat, Republican, or otherwise, don't be surprised when politicians lie.

Lounge Daddy

oh the story is Gonzales perjured?
bull carp!

the story is nothin'! It's a nothing story!
These people serve at the pleasure of the President and are hired and let go by the President.
And the President is currently President G.W. Bush

8 fired. So what?
President Clinton fired all 93 of em in one day. [b]93![/b]
And that was well within Clinton's choice.

Clinton's 93!
Bush's 8!
What is more sensational? All the above is well within the US Constitution.

Lounge Daddy

Video here [[url="http://newsbusters.org/media/1993-04-12-CNNWNReno.wmv"]LINK[/url]]

just to put things in prospective.

KnightofChrist

Where'd you get that Evil Conservative propaganda? I'm sorry didnt someone inform you, Clinton does as they wish, they were the president they will be again. Clinton are god, Bush is the devil, dont you watch the news?

From my understanding of the situation it's more about the Gonzales thing, but also just about when Bush fired them. It's okay to fire everyone when you first get into office, but in the middle of year 6 is kinda sketchy (not that the beginning isn't sketchy too). What Bush did goes against president and that's like 70% of how our legal system works.

Also, what else are they going to talk about on CNN? If I hear any more about Anna Nicole Smith or Heather Mills and her fake leg I'm seriously going to break my roommate's tv.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='track2004' post='1222895' date='Mar 30 2007, 05:20 AM']From my understanding of the situation it's more about the Gonzales thing, but also just about when Bush fired them. It's okay to fire everyone when you first get into office, but in the middle of year 6 is kinda sketchy (not that the beginning isn't sketchy too). What Bush did goes against president and that's like 70% of how our legal system works.

Also, what else are they going to talk about on CNN? If I hear any more about Anna Nicole Smith or Heather Mills and her fake leg I'm seriously going to break my roommate's tv.[/quote]

Ah right right
It's not a partisan issue for Clinton to enter office and fire all 93 REPUBLICAN appointees.
But we will make hey of Bush firing 8.

#1 - Both Clinton and Bush are well within the US Constitution to do that

#2 - Both Gonzalez and Janet Reno have little to do with anything in both stories.

In fact there is no story here - except for a media desperate to find a scandal in the White House. Interesting that they are having trouble finding one in the Bush white House that is supposedly (according to the partisan Dems) the vortex of a QUOTE culture of corruption UNQUOTE

Edited by Lounge Daddy