An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Here Wants To Enter Into A Bible Reading Club

FullTruth

Hello Brothers and Sisters in the faith.

I was wondering who here wants to enter into a bible reading club with me.

Here is what I propose.

In the morning, We all get up and pray the Lord's prayer, but we take each part and make it a personal time for prayer and worship.

And he said unto them, When ye pray, say,

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
We should take time to praise the name of God, and all the meanings of those names. How many times has God be Jehovah-Jireh for you? Coming out of nowhere to provide for you, his child?

And then we read 3 Chapters of the Bible.

Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
We should pray that God reveals his will for our lives, and then to give us the strength to accomplish that will for our lives.

And then we read 3 Chapters of the Bible.

Give us day by day our daily bread.
We should ask God to bless us with revelations of his word, for blessings in our lives, in the lives of everybody we care about, and blessings for those who are our enemies.

And then we read 3 chapters of the Bible.

And forgive us our sins;
First we read the 10 commandments - Exodus 20 to break us, by acknowledging each sin we have sinned, so we can know we don't deserve salvation for the life we have lived, and then we ask God for forgiveness for every single sin we have sinned and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour. Every single time I even think aobut Exodus 20 now, I start to cry. I am so unworthy of the salvation I have found in my lord Jesus Christ.

for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us.
Then we forgive every single person who has hurt us, and ask God to move in their hearts and their lives to bless them.

And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

And then we read 6 chapters of the Bible. (7*3), making 21 chapters of the Bible in the morning.

At night, we should read 9 chapters of the Bible, making a total of 30 chapters (10*3).

Who wants to start this tomorrow with me? I can't wait to start this study and prayer system.

As I read the pure word of God, I will post up what the spirit is testifying to me.

If you want to, we can start a seperate thread which should only be for those who enter this challange for me.

Thy Geekdom Come

If you try to read the Bible that quickly, you will not have time to savor the sweetness of God's Word to man.

The Bible should be read slowly and patiently.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1221705' date='Mar 29 2007, 12:55 AM']If you try to read the Bible that quickly, you will not have time to savor the sweetness of God's Word to man.

The Bible should be read slowly and patiently.[/quote]
I respect that ideal too.

But right now, I am getting excited about that idea. 30 chapters every single day. What God can teach me in his word will be amazing? I am getting really pumped about it.

Remember Raphael, Nothing is impossible for God, so he can reveal and give you sweetness of his word if you read 30 chapters, or if you read one chapter a day.

KnightofChrist

Yes, I will read the bible with you in spirit. I have an excellent audio version, which I listen too, while I love to read, I find I take more in listening, and most times I read along which is even better. I often listen to the Holy Bible while at work, instead of music. And within the background I use another audio app to play Gregorian music. Which makes it sound even the more better.

Would you like to start with the book of St. Matthew? I don't know if I'll be able to remember the rules above, :topsy: but I am willing to read with you in "spirit", that would be very honorable.