An Old School Catholic Message Board

Iran

KnightofChrist

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1225564' date='Apr 1 2007, 05:09 AM']You mean their GPS according to the british gov.[/quote]
You seriously don't think I would believe the Iranian government do you?????

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1226515' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:26 PM']You seriously don't think I would believe the Iranian government do you?????[/quote]Aside form Amahdinejad, the Iraninan government isn't that bad. Once he is toppled (which shouldn't be too long, and the Iranians will happily do themselves), it won't be nearly as bad.

Regardless, pray for peace in Iran and around the world. St. Marthuas, patron of Persia, pray for us!

[b]Edit:[/b] [url="http://en.rian.ru/world/20070330/62861432.html"]If Russian Intelligence is correct[/url], the curtain of war may quickly fall in Iran. Our Lady, Help of Christians, pray for us! Maryam, Umm Isa, pray for us!

Edited by Paladin

RezaMikhaeil

[quote]Aside form Amahdinejad, the Iraninan government isn't that bad. Once he is toppled (which shouldn't be too long, and the Iranians will happily do themselves), it won't be nearly as bad.[/quote]This is a great point, the former President of Iran [President Khatami] was a personal friend of His Holiness Pope John Paul II [even attended his furneral]. President Khatami was overwhelmingly supported by the Iranian people and would still be the president, except that he'd already served his terms. Amahdinejad was the mayor of Tehran at the time, and though mayors are typically allowed to attend presidential meetings, President Khatami didn't like Amahdinejad and wouldn't let him. Amahdinejad was only elected because the candidate choices sucked. The majority don't agree with him.

[quote]You seriously don't think I would believe the Iranian government do you?????[/quote] I probably wouldn't expect you to but most people I'd expect to not take sides until we know the full situation. Just because you don't trust the Iranians, doesn't make it a fact that the British are telling the truth. The british could also be falsifying their evidence. Both sides could be lying about the whole situation, we don't know because we don't have the technology [you or I] to check for ourselves, so we just have to believe [or not] what is told to us.

Question: Do you speak Farsi?

[quote]The Iraq-Iran Border, especially in the sea has long been disputed.[/quote]That's right, the imposed war changed everything.

[quote]Didn't the UK used to own the entire Middle East?[/quote] That's somewhat true actually, the UK had a huge hand in the creation of the secular [and current] state of Isreal, the creation of Kuwait, among other Middle Eastern countries.

Reza