An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great News

son_of_angels

son_of_angels

This may not be much compared to actual membership in a religious order, but for me it was a definite vocation. On the feast of St. Benedict I was clothed in the Scapular of St. Benedict as an Oblate Novice for Our Lady of the Annunciation of Clear Creek Monastery in Oklahoma. It has been a real blessing.

be_thou_my_vision

Oh God Bless you!! I discerned with a secular/oblate community. It is indeed a special calling.

[quote name='son_of_angels' post='1224480' date='Mar 31 2007, 08:26 PM']This may not be much compared to actual membership in a religious order, but for me it was a definite vocation. On the feast of St. Benedict I was clothed in the Scapular of St. Benedict as an Oblate Novice for Our Lady of the Annunciation of Clear Creek Monastery in Oklahoma. It has been a real blessing.[/quote]

Do you live near CC?

Birgitta Noel

Wheeeeee, another Oblate in our midst! Congratulations! I am an Oblate with the Community of St. John. :)

Edited by The Little Way

Wow, are you serious? I LOVE that community...they are AWESOME! Community of St. John... :) Hehe I just got back from there on a retreat!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='son_of_angels' post='1224480' date='Apr 1 2007, 09:26 AM']This may not be much compared to actual membership in a religious order, but for me it was a definite vocation. On the feast of St. Benedict I was clothed in the Scapular of St. Benedict as an Oblate Novice for Our Lady of the Annunciation of Clear Creek Monastery in Oklahoma. It has been a real blessing.[/quote]

Before I decided to apply for the monastery, I considered joining the OCDS - the Secular Carmelites. I think it is wonderful that you have taken this step - congratulations. :D:

puellapaschalis

Congratulations! I became an oblate novice when I was 18 and made my oblation a year later. It's something very, very special :)

Love and prayers,

PP

That's wonderful. Welcome aboard :)
I considered joining them but I am too old. they have a cutoff at 35.

son_of_angels

Ad hominem respondentem, I actually live about six hours east of Clear Creek when I'm at home, which is rarely. The brothers there are wonderful, and the spirituality and true humility of that monastery is so thick you can cut it with a knife.