An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is The Eucharist Needed To Apply The Cross?

Budge

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1244638' date='Apr 15 2007, 03:38 PM']Amen. The same could be said for all kinds of prayer.

That said, I have a friend who is in the process of converting to Catholicism from evangelical Christianity. (Her family is Baptist.) She came to visit me from New Zealand over Christmas. When she walked into our little student chapel for the first time, she stood in the doorway and just looked at the tabernacle for a long time. Fifteen minutes later we moved into the big hall for Mass, which has no tabernacle. Afterwards she said, "It changed when the bells rang."

I asked her what she meant. She replied, "It started to feel like the room with the gold curtain."

That was the first time she had set foot in a Catholic church. She has autism and a speech and language disorder that prevents her from understanding most of what she hears and makes speech a real effort. There was no way she could have known anything about the consecration or the Real Presence. And yet she knew.[/quote]

This is magnificent and only possible through Jesus Christ!

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1244799' date='Apr 15 2007, 06:10 PM']:) She is one of my best friends and my life would be quite dull without her. She has an amazingly intuitive understanding of the Catholic faith. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=66315&hl"]This conversation[/url] in the Open Mic shows how much she knows. The strange thing is that she doesn't even seem to realise what a deep level of understanding she has.[/quote]
She seems to be quite an amazing woman. It's beautiful to see how God finds a way to communicate truth to each of us in a way we can each uniquely understand.

johnnydigit

desertwoman what the heck is that Raekwon from the wu-tang in your avatar rapping about Catholicism? ok someone fill me in..

[quote name='Budge' post='1243126' date='Apr 14 2007, 06:31 PM']364. anamnesis
Search for G364 in KJVSL
anamnhsiV anamnesis an-am'-nay-sis

from 363; recollection:--remembrance (again).

See Greek 363

Hey learned a new Greek word, via my debates with you all, cant say my time here is totally wasted;)[/quote]
good for you :)... now learn the context in which anceint hebrews understood "remembrance" and the ancient connotations of anamnesis that the writers of Sacred Scripture would have been well aware of, and you'll discover the Catholic time-travel mumbo jumbo that you think we made up out of thin air.

as one scholar of Old Testament Judaism has put it: "remembrance equals participation". the passover meal was a remembrance of the original passover; they spoke, acted, and believed as if they were attending the first passover. it is even likely that the numbers said to have been in the first Exodus at the first passover were, in fact, a census number of how many were in Israel at the time the story was being written down; because they viewed all who had participated in the passover meal were as good as having been there.

Moderation in all things, including starting topics one seems incapable of fully defending, would be an excellent motto.

Hey when so many here claim victory, [even if that victory was never won] its pretty convienient.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1252845' date='Apr 22 2007, 07:38 AM']Hey when so many here claim victory, [even if that victory was never won] its pretty convienient.[/quote]
It's hard not to consider yourself victorious when your opponent leaves the match.

[quote name='Budge' post='1252845' date='Apr 22 2007, 08:38 AM']Hey when so many here claim victory, [even if that victory was never won] its pretty convienient.[/quote]

it's, not its.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1253321' date='Apr 22 2007, 05:03 PM']it's, not its.[/quote]
your affinity for punctuation is quite fetching