An Old School Catholic Message Board

Had To Get Stitches Yesterday

prose

MissScripture

Oh wow! I've never cut myself that deeply...then again, I wasn't allowed to use knives very much until last summer.

CatholicCid

Hm... Yes, potato bites can go pretty deep.
Next time, keep the knife behind your back till the very last second so the potato doesn't suspect anything.
When they feel threatened, they just start going for the fingers.

Edited by CatholicCid

I did that once while cutting frozen chicken ... sliced my palm right open, down to the bone. It was oddly fascinating. Luckily I sliced it along one of my palm lines, so it is not visible at all now.

How long did you have to wait in the emergency room?

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='prose' post='1227026' date='Apr 2 2007, 08:56 AM']2.5 hours.

I am in Edmonton, Canada.

What are the waits like in the states?[/quote]

I once waited 8 hours. But that was a fluke. Needed tendons repaired, so that was surgery, and there was a car wreck and a gun shot wound that got to go ahead of me. The wait before they even evaluated me was about an hour.

Something between and hour and three is typical.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1227029' date='Apr 2 2007, 11:01 AM']I waited about 3 hours. So not too much longer.[/quote]

I have never waited more than thirty minutes to get stitches (I've had them three times), or in any emergency room wait with siblings, etc.

Edited by Totus Tuus

I was in a small town once, cut my finger. They told me it wasn't serious enough to page in a doctor and to come back in the morning. So I came back and they had to re-open the cut to stitch it up. :ohno:

THAT sucked.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1227386' date='Apr 2 2007, 03:51 PM']I have never waited more than thirty minutes to get stitches (I've had them three times), or in any emergency room wait with siblings, etc.[/quote]
yeah it was a busy night in the ER that night and I wasn't actively bleeding.

On my fourth birthday, we were going to go out for dinner with my grandmother, and I was taking a bath in preparation. I decided mid-bath to find out what my hair looked like with shampoo in it, so I stood up on the side of the tub to see in the mirror, then slipped and fell and hit my head on the side of the tub. I got a cut over my right eye, and it bled and bled ... I don't think I had to wait long in the ER that time, but the stitches were TERRIFYING. Lesson: if you cry really loud they'll let you in faster. :mellow: