An Old School Catholic Message Board

Thoughts On Palm Sunday -- Add Your Input

Seven77

“Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord.”

These words struck me deeply today. This is a Davidic coronation ceremony going on! They’re recognizing and hailing Jesus as the Messiah!

What happened to the faith of these when Jesus was condemned to death? Yet, Jesus is on the Cross as on His Throne, robed in the Royal Cloak of His Blood!

I posted in another thread that I was particularly struck by the concept of service and self-giving ... not only of being willing to imitate Christ in giving of ourselves, but also to be open to receiving the gifts and service of others, and the gift we give to others in allowing them to love us and serve us.

A Yearning Heart

What strikes me about Palm Sunday is the bitter/sweet (totally inadequate description) feeling our Lord must have felt-hearing all the cheers for him while he rode in on a donkey and Knowing not one of them would support him during his Passion and that all would abandon Him...very sad moment :ohno:

cathoholic_anonymous

Does anyone know why the Passion narrative is read aloud on Palm Sunday, instead of just on Good Friday? This is something that puzzled me.