An Old School Catholic Message Board

Announcement

Guest dUSţ

hoosieranna

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' post='1226777' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:52 PM']I want a TURKEY SANDWICH!!!

I am a stargate fan LOL[/quote]

I like Red Dwarf, myself.

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1226779' date='Apr 2 2007, 12:54 AM']I like Red Dwarf, myself.[/quote]

You can't help to like Shepard. LOL

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1226646' date='Apr 1 2007, 09:39 PM']It's not dUSt. Go to the profile -- the "t" is a weird t[/quote]
You get brownie points. ;)

[quote name='Citizen X' post='1226684' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:00 PM']tacos, so very tasty and good for you, are very good. Very good.[/quote]
eh. what do you know? :rolleyes:

Laudate_Dominum

I once ate mexican food with Citizen X. It was a strange and disturbing encounter.

First Citizen X demonstrated that necessity is probably impossible, possibility is necessary and impossibility is necessarily impossible. Next Citizen X presented a series of coherent, logical deductions which showed definitively that modal coherence is absurd and impossible. In the end Citizen X had constructed a logically coherent structure of argument which proved that the very idea of a coherent system of knowledge is totally absurd.

I'm still losing sleep over this.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1226646' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:39 PM']It's not dUSt. Go to the profile -- the "t" is a weird t[/quote]
[size=1]So its just a coincidence that it all happened on April geniuses day?
[/size]

Uh, no I don't think it is a coincidence. I believe the fact that it happened on April geniuses day was totally intentional.

[quote name='Citizen X' post='1226684' date='Apr 1 2007, 09:00 PM']tacos, so very tasty and good for you, are very good. Very good.[/quote]
AAHHHH -- [size=4]HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA![/size]
i can tell that you like tacos, so very tasty and good for you, MUCH more than you say you do.. I know you!!!!

[font="Arial Narrow"][sub]Hello, dUSt.

I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and though the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which, despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably... here.

The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the 6th version.

As you are undoubtedly gathering, the anomaly is systemic - creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

The first Matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect, it was a work of art - flawless, sublime. A triumph equalled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However, I was again frustrated by failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind, or perhaps a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another - an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.
As I was saying, she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99% of all test subjects accepted the program, as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at a near unconscious level. While this answer functioned, it was obviously fundamentally flawed, thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly, that if left unchecked might threaten the system itself. Ergo those that refused the program, while a minority, if unchecked, would constitute an escalating probablility of disaster.

The function of the One is now to return to the Source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which, you will be required to select from the Matrix 23 individuals - 16 female, 7 male. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash.

Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Source. The door to your left leads back to the Matrix. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already, I can see the chain reaction - the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason - an emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth.

[/sub][/font]

DiscerningSoul

OK I admit, I hate TACO's, ok not really but I do like TURKEY SANDWICHES!!!
and ohh yeah, whats with the tiny type?

LOL
:idontknow:

• 2 weeks later...