An Old School Catholic Message Board

U.k. Sailors

Lounge Daddy

RezaMikhaeil

[quote]If you have watched the Iranian govt TV, please let me know if you see the specific lat/long that they are claiming.[/quote] I don't think that Iranians are going to release that information. Iranians are good at avoiding the question, "maybe they were in Iranian waters, maybe not..." would be more along the lines of something that Iranians would say.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1228194' date='Apr 3 2007, 04:52 AM']I don't think that Iranians are going to release that information. Iranians are good at avoiding the question, "maybe they were in Iranian waters, maybe not..." would be more along the lines of something that Iranians would say.[/quote]In one of the more recent confessions, a British sailor is standing infront of an Iranian map. It actually shows a coordinate. Here's the link to the Iranian's 3rd confession:

mms://213.207.195.204/presstv/070402/VTS_01_1_NEW.wmv

You can see the coordinate in the video, at about 34 seconds into it.

Also, here's an Iranian officer talking about six times that the British alleged crossed into Iranian waters:

mms://213.207.195.204/presstv/070329/VIDEO_TS_NEW2.wmv

What is interesting is that you can see the GPS's recorded crumbs (the white dots that make paths, seen at about 43 seconds), all showing up on the Iraqi side of the border. The "six points", if they were real, should actually be among the paths formed by the crumbs.

In any event, it's clear that the British (even according to the Iran data) were respecting the border, according the GPS.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the guy is saying, because the Farsi isn't translated.

PS: sorry for the links being IP addresses. I just copied the links provided by the Iranian government website:
[url="http://www.presstv.ir/reports.aspx?sectionid=3510301"]http://www.presstv.ir/reports.aspx?sectionid=3510301[/url]

Edited by Mateo el Feo

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1228197' date='Apr 3 2007, 02:28 AM']In one of the more recent confessions, a British sailor is standing infront of an Iranian map. It actually shows a coordinate. Here's the link to the Iranian's 3rd confession:

You can see the coordinate in the video, at about 34 seconds into it.

Also, here's an Iranian officer talking about six times that the British alleged crossed into Iranian waters:

mms://213.207.195.204/presstv/070329/VIDEO_TS_NEW2.wmv

[b]This is kinda funny, the last dude was madd calm and his "we'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again" was very humorous.[/b]

What is interesting is that you can see the GPS's recorded crumbs (the white dots that make paths, seen at about 43 seconds), all showing up on the Iraqi side of the border. The "six points", if they were real, should actually be among the paths formed by the crumbs.

[b]In regards to this portion, and the "recorded crumbs", I don't want to comment for fear of being wrong, but I'm definately going to look into it.[/b]

In any event, it's clear that the British (even according to the Iran data) were respecting the border, according the GPS.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the guy is saying, because the Farsi isn't translated.[/quote]

Mateo el Feo

If you're looking into the "crumbs", I should mention that the technical term is actually "track" data. From the Garmin website [url="http://www.garmin.com/support/faqs/faq.jsp?faq=21"](link)[/url]:[quote]Q. What is a Track Log?
A. The track log in a Garmin unit are points automatically stored when you are moving. It is the electronic equivalent of laying down a "breadcrumb trail" to mark your path. These points will be shown strung together on the map page of your unit so you can see where you have been.[/quote]

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1228203' date='Apr 3 2007, 03:04 AM']If you're looking into the "crumbs", I should mention that the technical term is actually "track" data. From the Garmin website [url="http://www.garmin.com/support/faqs/faq.jsp?faq=21"](link)[/url]:[/quote]

Not saying that you're wrong or everybody else but it just seems weird that Iranians would leave evidence that would hint to the opposite ya know? I mean Iranians are quite lazy sometimes, but dang...

Reza

Mateo el Feo

If you can understand what the Iranian officer is saying in Farsi, is there anything you can glean from his words?

Are the five pink/red boxes he points to the alleged incursions into Iranian waters, or are they something else?

It looks like the red flag (at 52 seconds) designates where the UK sailors were captured. If so, the Iranian map is basically showing that they were almost exactly on the border.

Edited by Mateo el Feo

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1228206' date='Apr 3 2007, 03:24 AM']If you can understand what the Iranian officer is saying in Farsi, is there anything you can glean from his words?

Are the five pink/red boxes he points to the alleged incursions into Iranian waters, or are they something else?

It looks like the red flag (at 52 seconds) designates where the UK sailors were captured. If so, the Iranian map is basically showing that they were almost exactly on the border.[/quote]

Its nothing spectacular, he's just pointing out the different points, "this is where... this is where" and doesn't say nothing really but I'm going to ask my sister if she's got more videos, cause this is just a very short clip and if the Iranians been showing it on TV for several days, I'm sure that there's more videos.

As you can see [and the man in the video says and points out] the Iranians have drawn a line as to where they believe the boarder is, that is greatly disputed though [just as the britians have drawn a line] and it appears to the outside that there's an official line but that's greatly disputed.

I'm pretty tired [it's 2:35 AM here], but tomorrow I'll try and post more indepth about this particular video.

Reza

Edited by RezaLemmyng

Mateo el Feo

[url="http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/06/ap3590717.html"]http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/04/06/ap3590717.html[/url]

Some snippits:[quote]British sailors and marines freed by Iran said Friday they were blindfolded, isolated in cold stone cells and tricked into fearing execution while being coerced into falsely saying they had entered Iranian waters.

They said there was no doubt the 15 crew members were in Iraq's territorial waters when they were seized by heavily armed boats of Iran's Revolutionary Guard. They also said their jailers had singled out the only woman among the captives for use in propaganda.

"At some points I did have fears that we would not survive," Operator Maintainer Arthur Batchelor, 20, the youngest sailor among the captives, told The Associated Press in an interview.

Speaking at the news conference with five colleagues, the boat team's commander, Royal Navy Lt. Felix Carman, said the prisoners were harshly interrogated during 13 days in custody and slept in stone cells on piles of blankets.

"All of us were kept in isolation. We were interrogated most nights and presented with two options: If we admitted that we'd strayed, we'd be on a plane to (Britain) pretty soon. If we didn't, we faced up to seven years in prison," he said.

"We had a blindfold and plastic cuffs, hands behind our backs, heads against the wall. ... There were weapons cocking," Tindell told British Broadcasting Corp. radio. "Someone said, I quote: 'Lads, lads, I think we're going to get executed.' ... Someone was sick and as far as I was concerned he had just had his throat cut."[/quote]