An Old School Catholic Message Board

Advice For Budge

thessalonian

thessalonian

I posted this on another thread:

2 1/2 years and over 1900 posts and has anyone made that jump? Anybody thinking about it? Anyone siding with Budge in her debates that used to be Catholic? 1/2 1/4 1/8 of the way toward budge.

I might add that in that time there have been several that phatmass has helping in to the Church and some that are head in that direction. Your prescence here does not seem to have detered anyone even from this. My bet is it has helped move a few more quickly. That is the effect that your style of posting has had on other boards I've been on.

:lol_roll:
Budge could be something wrong with your methods here.

So I was thinking we could perhaps help our separated sister out with her track record here by telling her how we think we might be won over better.

My advice:
Start speaking the truth about Catholicism from the Catechism for instance and then attempting to refute that, instead of endless straw men and red herrings and rhetoric.

Edited by thessalonian

thessalonian

Oh and first and foremost I would say "give reason for the hope that is WITHIN YOU" rather than hoping that you can prove Catholicism wrong and then win them over with the "truth" as you understand it to be. If you go up to a Mulem and tell them, "your a pagan and going to hell and mohomed was a child molester" and the "here is what I think" my guess is if you live your not going to be successful. Same here.

Edited by thessalonian

[quote]Start speaking the truth about Catholicism from the Catechism for instance[/quote]

I already post from the Catechism quite often.

Anyhow to fulfil the above I would have to agree.

I am here to plant seeds.

I had Christians witness to me, 15 years before I was born again.

So Im a patient person I guess based on my own experiences.

When I was leaving the Catholic Church I didnt discuss it on most Catholic boards, one I made the mistake of doing so...

most people who are out the door, simply stop posting.

[quote]If you go up to a Mulem and tell them, "your a pagan and going to hell and mohomed was a child molester" and the "here is what I think" my guess is if you live your not going to be successful. Same here.[/quote]

I witness to unbeleivers all the time...

I get along with them ok too, they may disagree with me, but they will listen to where IM coming from. One pal of mine from my old town, told me last night, that she is believing what the Bible has to say about things more and more. She was an agnostic before hand.

While on here, you all automatically consider me your "enemy" for daring to question your church, I have had success elsewhere.

Oddly even Catholics out in the world seem different then Catholics I meet online.
They have a more amalgamation of beliefs including even many Protestant ones which makes witnessing interesting. I discovered my grandma believes in pre-trib as I told her to trust in Jesus! I have acouple other Catholics friends who reject transubstantiation and believe the body of Christ is all true CHristian believers. That last Catholic I witnessed to was actually visiting my last church with a friend. She definitely had a mixture of Baptist aqnd Catholic beliefs.

I know in this work Im not going to be MS. Popular. You seem to think that should be my first priority.

There were figures in the bible who preached and NO ONE at all listened.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1229648' date='Apr 4 2007, 02:10 PM']I witness to unbeleivers all the time...
I know in this work Im not going to be MS. Popular. You seem to think that should be my first priority.

There were figures in the bible who preached and NO ONE at all listened.[/quote]

Not lying about what Catholics believe or dismissing our explanations of what we believe or refusing to ackowledge all the ways you have been proven wrong would be a start. You lack any authority but your own which competes against all the other " little churches of one" out there. Why should anyone believe your version over the Episcopalian, Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist, C of C, UU, JW, Baptist, Fundamentalist, Evangelical versions or the over millions of little generic cults out there?
You have no credentials. Jesus said many false teachers would come along, and here you are :) You can't claim any authority from God, cause He didn't give you any. Yu can't claim any authority from the bible, since that is a catholic book put together by Catholics.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Budge' post='1229640' date='Apr 4 2007, 01:05 PM']I already post from the Catechism quite often.[/quote]

Riiight. Yer sig betrays you. Pretending that we leave out what you call the second commandment, when if actully looked in the CCC, you would see that all of that is indeed included in the first commandment.

Of course to admit that would mean you 'd have to find seomthing else nonsensical to get for a sig.

Also it might lead to you having to explain why you group women in with property in your tenth commandment....and you have already refused to do that.

Budgianity at it finest.... <_<

[quote]when if actully looked in the CCC, you would see that all of that is indeed included in the first commandment.[/quote]

Graven Images is never mentioned on the short lists and in the CCC, its way down in paragraph 4 a sub mention if there ever was one and then an instruction THAT GOD DIDNT REALLY MEAN IT.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Budge' post='1229692' date='Apr 4 2007, 01:29 PM']Graven Images is never mentioned on the short lists and in the CCC, its way down in paragraph 4 a sub mention if there ever was one and then an instruction THAT GOD DIDNT REALLY MEAN IT.[/quote]

Are you serious? Please cut/paste (since you do it so well) the link to the site showing the CCC with an instruction 'that God didn;t really mean it'

I guess part of Budgianity is to rewrite yer own footnotes into the documents of other faiths? Get some self-respect, please and a heaping helping of some integrity. Geeze. :annoyed:

AND you once again failed to explain lumping in women with property.... :idontknow:

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

thessalonian

[quote name='Budge' post='1229692' date='Apr 4 2007, 01:29 PM']Graven Images is never mentioned on the short lists and in the CCC, its way down in paragraph 4 a sub mention if there ever was one and then an instruction THAT GOD DIDNT REALLY MEAN IT.[/quote]

This is the type of stuff we're talking about Bubge. It's either a lie or you never really checked the CCC (the latter is unlikely at least since I know people have quoted it for you).

PART THREE
LIFE IN CHRIST
SECTION TWO
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

CHAPTER ONE
"YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND"

ARTICLE 1
THE FIRST COMMANDMENT

I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before me. [b]You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them[/b].3
It is written: "You shall worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve."

[url="http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c1a1.htm#2091"]http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p3s2c1a1.htm#2091[/url]

Right there, first paragraph, first secontion of the FIRST COMMANDMENT, straight out of the scriptures. So is the problem that we don't split it out from the words that it is associated with from your first commandment? Got news for you budge. Neither does the Bible. And doesn't it fit so nicely with the rest of the first commandment. After all, if you were worshipping a block of wood or a piece of metal that would be a violation of the rest of the first commandement. Repent of the commandment "thou shall not bear false witness" which you are guilty of many times over. Very sad budge. Lies do not boost evangelization success. Qute the contrary.

Edited by thessalonian

thessalonian

Budge are you going to admit you made a mistake on this one. :sadder: Or just avoid this thread now. Thanks.

No I did not make a mistake.

It does not appear on the lists.

It is a footnote.

I wasnt point to the CCC... but the LISTS OF CATHOLIC COMMANDMENTS that would be hanging on someones wall or displayed in an RE book.

Edited by Budge

thessalonian

Budge did you even read my post? I wasn't talking about the list of commandments was I. Your mistake was this part and you know full well if you read my post that was what I was talking about.

[quote]its way [b]down in paragraph 4 a sub mention if there ever was one [/b]and[b] then an instruction THAT GOD DIDNT REALLY MEAN IT.[/b][/quote]

My post refutes this part budge. But you know it did. Not paragraph 4. Paragraph 1. More lies budge. Sad. Very sad. Even sadder you won't admit it.

Edited by thessalonian

thessalonian

[quote name='Budge' post='1230050' date='Apr 4 2007, 06:27 PM']No I did not make a mistake.

It does not appear on the lists.

It is a footnote.

I [b]wasnt point to the CCC[/b]... but the LISTS OF CATHOLIC COMMANDMENTS that would be hanging on someones wall or displayed in an RE book.[/quote]

"Graven Images is never mentioned on the short lists [b]and in the CCC[/b]"

Your words Budge. Maybe your 80 and have alzihiemers or something. But you can still look up and read your post so there is really no excuse on this one that I can think of.

Ya, ya did Budge. More lies. Lies don't evangelize. They antagonize. :sadder: Why do you complain about our list and then ignore one of the commandments on your own. "false witness". Are the commandments equal for you or is that one okay to violate but beaver dam those Catholics to hell. They have statues.

Edited by thessalonian

thessalonian

Budge, if you will note the views count on this thread, it's attracking alot of interest and your simply not being honest in it. Now what is that doing for your desire to evangelize us pagan Catholics?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1229680' date='Apr 4 2007, 02:25 PM']Not lying about what Catholics believe or dismissing our explanations of what we believe or refusing to ackowledge all the ways you have been proven wrong would be a start. You lack any authority but your own which competes against all the other " little churches of one" out there. Why should anyone believe your version over the Episcopalian, Anglican, Lutheran, Methodist, C of C, UU, JW, Baptist, Fundamentalist, Evangelical versions or the over millions of little generic cults out there?
You have no credentials. Jesus said many false teachers would come along, and here you are :) You can't claim any authority from God, cause He didn't give you any. Yu can't claim any authority from the bible, since that is a catholic book put together by Catholics.[/quote]

Bravo!!!

Budge, you consistently misrepresent what Catholics believe. That is dishonest and you should give serious consideration to the consequences of false witness.

I think I can understand why you spend so much time attempting to malign Catholics. Usually when people have little to offer in terms of their own faith, they rely on trying to discredit the faith of others. The fact that you spend virtually no time sharing the joy of your indep. Baptist faith is telling.

Case in point, your "witness" in another thread was met with the following reply:

"A quick comment towards the Catholic Bashers who have visited the thread. I appreciate your thoughts and words but for me it is "more of the same of what I already have". By the nature of this forum I am able to see your other posts, the quantity of your posts, and the content of them. [b]It stands to reason that if you spend most of your time condemning another person's faith than you too must be a bit unsettled in your own faith[/b]."

Notice how we don't feel the need to trash indep. Baptists???? It's because we don't have to, we know who we are, we realize what a great gift our Catholic faith is.

We appreciate:
Our relationship with Christ
The Word of God
The beauty of the Mass
The Sacraments
The Saints
Our Deacons
Our Priests
Our Pope
Our Religious Brothers and Sisters
Our Philosophers
Our Mystics
and every great gift from God!!

Budge, why not try a different tactic, tell us why we should become Indep. Baptists instead of harping about why we should leave the Church.

We're all ears

By the way, I think you should answer Thess!

Edited by SJP