An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Good Friday!

Phoenix Reborn

[quote name='iggyjoan' post='1233568' date='Apr 7 2007, 02:23 PM']hey does anyone besides me actually still color eggs and junk?

just wondering...[/quote]

Lots of coloured eggs in my culture. I'm Ukrainian :)
But I haven't coloured an egg in eons.

Don't rush the Resurrection! Let us journey with Mary and the holy women. Let us mourn with them. Christ is still nailed to the Cross and beaten for our sins on Good Friday. It is A day of mandatory Fasting and Abstinence (Canon 1251). This is what I wrote on Holy Thursday:

"Tomorrow I will dress in all black, pull the shades and blinds closed, turn off televisions, computers, and telephones. Tomorrow I will journey with My Lord to His death. Good Friday is a day of abstinence and fasting. Please, at all moments, pray tomorrow."

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1232733' date='Apr 6 2007, 05:51 PM']nope, it's not a solemnity. though that is more appropriate than 'happy' probably

wish them a somber and/or holy Good Friday ;)[/quote]

Liturgical services can be [i]solemn [/i]without being classified as a Solemnity. But since the Triduum is the at the top of the table of liturgical days, once could consider GF even greater than a solemnity.