Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Name The Saint


Recommended Posts

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

St. Cyril of Jerusalem??? Honestly, I have no clue...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

St. Robert Francis Romulus Bellarmine? looks like a Jesuit...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted (edited)

Maybe it is St Lawrence of Brindisi, Doctor of Conversions and Missions... Although I think he was a Capuchin...


What is that white thing in his hand with the Gospel? It looks like a knife or something...

Edited by FutureNunJMJ
Posted

hey FutureNun...you were on the right track when you said he looks like a Jesuit....but the submissions are not correct...try again! great try though...you are definitely getting closer....

btw, where is the World Cup being played? hmmmm

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Only two Jesuits were doctors too...

Is it St Peter Canisius?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

[quote]Also known as
Hammer of Protestantism; Peter Kanis; Second Apostle of Germany
Memorial
21 December
Profile
Educated in Cologne, Germany; an excellent student, he received a master's degree by age 19. He became a Jesuit after attending a retreat conducted by Blessed Peter Faber. Preacher. Writer. Teacher. He travelled and worked with Saint Ignatius of Loyola. During prayers he received a vision of the Sacred Heart, and ever after offered his work to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. He led the Counter-Reformation in German lands. His catechism went through 200 editions during his life, and was translated into 12 languages. Ordained in 1546. Founded colleges. Addressed the Council of Trent on the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. Proclaimed Doctor of the Church in 1925 by Pope Pius XI.
Born
8 May 1521 as Peter Kanis at Niemguen, Holland
Died
1597 at Fribourg, Switzerland
Beatified
1864 by Pope Pius IX
Canonized
1925 by Pope Pius XI
Patronage
Catholic press; Germany; writers of catechisms [/quote]
[quote]If you have too much to do, with God's help you will find time to do it all.

-Peter Canisius Before he set out for Germany, Saint Peter Canisius received the apostolic blessing, and underwent a profound spiritual experience. He describes it:

"It was as if you opened to me the heart in your most sacred body. I seemed to see it directly before my eyes. You told me to drink from this fountain, inviting me, that is, to draw the waters of my salvation from your wellsprings, my Savior. I was most eager that streams of faith, hope, and love should flow into me from that source. I was thirsting for poverty, chastity, obedience. I asked to be made wholly clean by you, to be clothed by you, to be made resplendent by you.

"So, after daring to approach your most loving heart, and to plunge my thirst into it, I received a promise from you of a garment made of three parts: these were to cover my soul in its nakedness, and to belong especially to my religious profession. They were peace, love, and perseverance. Protected by this garment of salvation, I was confident that I would lack nothing but all would succeed and give you glory."

from the writings of Saint Peter Canisius[/quote]

Posted

yay, FutureNun!!!! good job...now it's your turn to post a saint...

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Gah... I was going to post him first, but I guess the name was too familiar...

Hmmm... let me see...

Okay this may have been done before...

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/LausTibiChriste/Untitled-1.jpg[/img]

She was a barefoot reformer...

God Conquers
Posted

St. Catherine of Sienna?

Wierd seeing a nun with a Bishop's crook!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Nope...

Posted

St. Teresa of Avila?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Not Spanish... but from a nearby country...
(saying the order she was part of would give her away I think...)
She tried the Benedictine life and it didn't work...
She also helped heal the Papal schism...

Posted

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1014892' date='Jun 29 2006, 10:57 PM']
Not Spanish... but from a nearby country...
(saying the order she was part of would give her away I think...)
She tried the Benedictine life and it didn't work...
She also helped heal the Papal schism...
[/quote]

St. Clare?

let_go_let_God
Posted

St. Theresa of Portugal?

God bless-
LGLG

brendan1104
Posted (edited)

Agnes of Multipulciano? :idontknow:

Edited by brendan1104
let_go_let_God
Posted

FutureNun, is there anything else we can know?

God bless-
LGLG

crystalblujay
Posted

i st. clare idea... the sheep might mean that she is related to st. francis of assisi...(unless it ties in with the bishops staff!)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

You are on the right order with Clare and Francis... that is the order she was for most of her life (until death...) She had visions of St. Francis... She founded 17 convents... AND she foretold the date of her death :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...