An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well Now That Lent Is Over...

curtins

PARTY!!!! sike jk

but seriously, how was everyone's lent?

Mine got off to a slow start cause I was sick for like the 1st week of lent (and then recovering the 2nd) but ended out pretty well I think. The last 3 days have been especially good, espeically yesterday, good friday. I was lucky to be able to basically stay in the church from stations at 12 till after the 3pm passion service. That really helped me to meditate pray on and focus on the mysteries and events that we celebrate that day. Today(holy Saturday) we decorated the church with our pastor and had breakfast with him and our parochial vicar. Holy Saturday always kills me cause I know its technically part of lent but the preparation and build up for Easter sunday is so prevailent that you can't be sad anymore all you wanna do is eat.

I smoked several times although I meant to give it up. I feel bad about that.

But praise Jesus, He has risen!

hey everyone bombs their lenten promises at one point or another.

several times is better than a pack a day

btw I forgot..... HAPPY EASTER!

I made a resolution at the beginning of lent to ween a particular sin in my life, and I started out strong but then began to fail miserably, however on March 24th, I revisted that Lenten promise, and to this day have not fallen victim to that sin, and hope to continue this until the end of my time.

Christ is Risen! Alleluia! Alleluia!

I had a terrible lent :(... I did not even go to mass on all its Sundays :( But on Holy Thursday I made a great confession and through the Triduum I really felt a death and resurrection with Christ.

I hate when I have lents like that. I feel like the worker who came at the end of the day and got paid the same... ya know... I imagine all the other workers grumbling at me for getting paid with the beautiful Easter Season equally with them.

[quote]Let all pious men and all lovers of God rejoice in the splendor of this feast; let the wise servants blissfully enter into the joy of their Lord; let those who have borne the burden of Lent now receive their pay, and those who have toiled since the first hour, let them now receive their due reward; [b]let any who came after the third hour be grateful to join in the feast, and those who may have come after the sixth, let them not be afraid of being too late; for the Lord is gracious and He receives the last even as the first.[/b] He gives rest to him who comes on the eleventh hour as well as to him who has toiled since the first: yes, He has pity on the last and He serves the first; He rewards the one and praises the effort.

--St. John Chrysostom[/quote]

I had a great Lent ... which was nice because the last couple have been not-so-great. This one was really good though. I feel like I grew some. :cool:

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1234964' date='Apr 8 2007, 10:44 AM']Christ is Risen! Alleluia! Alleluia!

I had a terrible lent :(... I did not even go to mass on all its Sundays :( But on Holy Thursday I made a great confession and through the Triduum I really felt a death and resurrection with Christ.

I hate when I have lents like that. I feel like the worker who came at the end of the day and got paid the same... ya know... I imagine all the other workers grumbling at me for getting paid with the beautiful Easter Season equally with them.[/quote]
Be joyful. I missed most of the masses this lent, and I wasn't able to find confession. I find no joy, I see no light..

Lent is over when The Mass of the Lord's Supper begins on Holy Thursday.

Edited by -I---Love

well this lent marks my 3rd aniversary of really refinding my faith and being drawn into it seriously

actually today 3 years ago i joined phatmass

its been an increadible journey and im just getting started

my Lent was a blessing as well.. I met some cool people, as one of the things I wanted to do was basically get out more.. and I hardly cuss anymore. I had a swear jar that helped me quite a bit :)

Ash Wednesday

My lent was, ah, interesting. A bumpy ride for sure -- a record number of times I've had to refrain from communion and I went to confession a lot more often then usual. Life is hard. :wacko:

littleflower+JMJ

this lent was very nerve wrecking thats for sure....so many curveballs but the grace to work through them all.

Most of my Lents have been very calm, quiet and very settled. Not this year!

But it was beautiful none the less. :): I"m just glad its over and Easter is here. :banana:

Now that Lent is over, I'm allowed to post again on the forums.

Hi, everyone! Easter blessings, Likos