An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Had An Idea For The Mass.

Old_Joe

What if the announcements after Mass were chanted? It's be like, "There will be coffee and doughnuts after Mass. All are welcome to attend. Thanks be to God."

:hehe:

which reminds me are there announcements after the Papal Mass?

homeschoolmom

The Boy Scouts are sponsoring a pancake breakfast in the dining hall. $5 for adults, $3 for children 4-12 and seniors. Children under 4 are free.... $18 family maximum.

Thanks be to God.

Knight of the Holy Rosary

Do you have a reference? Or is that just how you feel?

I'm just curious... :rain:

Proud2BCatholic139

Ah, I found reference...I guess I just grew up with the priest always saying the announcements before the Homily. Sorry, dude.

"Once the prayer after Communion has been said, the deacon makes brief announcements to the people, if indeed any need to be made, unless the priest prefers to do this himself.” [General Instruction to the Roman Missal (GIRM), no. 184].

[quote name='Knight of the Holy Rosary' post='1235262' date='Apr 8 2007, 04:27 PM']Do you have a reference? Or is that just how you feel?

I'm just curious... :rain:[/quote]

That's how I feel. The homily is already an interruption of the Mass. Another interruption need not be made.

Proud2BCatholic139

The Homily is not an interupption of the Mass...Reflection is involved after the readings, that is how the Mass was intended. With two parts according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

CCC 1346: "The liturgy of the Eucharist unfolds according to a funamental structure which has been preserved throughout the centuries down to our day. It displays [b]two[/b] great parts that form a fundamental unity:

----- the gathering the liturgy of the Word, with reading, [b]homily[/b] and general intercessions;

----- the liturgy of the Eucharist, with the presentation of bread and wine, the consecratory thanksgiving, and communion.

The liturgy of the Word and liturgy of the Eucharist together form "'one single act of worship"; the Eucharistic table set for us is the table both of the Word of God and of the Body of the Lord."

CCC 1349: "The liturgy of the Word includes "the writing of the prophets," that is, the Old Testament, and "the memoirs of the apostles" (their letters and the Gospels). [b]After the homily, which is an exhortation to accept this Word as what it truly is the word of God and to put it into practice,[/b] come the intercessions for all men, according to the Apostle's words: 'I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, kings, and all who are in high positions."

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Old_Joe' post='1234795' date='Apr 8 2007, 04:06 AM']What if the announcements after Mass were chanted? It's be like, "There will be coffee and doughnuts after Mass. All are welcome to attend. Thanks be to God."

:hehe:

which reminds me are there announcements after the Papal Mass?[/quote]

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1234950' date='Apr 8 2007, 12:36 PM']"Will the owner of the blue sedan please move or you will be towed, Allelulia."[/quote]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1234965' date='Apr 8 2007, 12:44 PM']The Boy Scouts are sponsoring a pancake breakfast in the dining hall. $5 for adults, $3 for children 4-12 and seniors. Children under 4 are free.... $18 family maximum.

Thanks be to God.[/quote]

:lol_pound:

That would be hilarious! :rolling: