An Old School Catholic Message Board

Easter Dessert

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

I made chocolate raspberry torte...it was denser than I thought and came out like fudge.

Brother Adam could only eat one bite.

Azaelia ate two pieces.

:topsy:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1236430' date='Apr 9 2007, 03:18 PM']I made chocolate walnut pie ... like pecan pie, only better.[/quote]
Interesting.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1236428' date='Apr 9 2007, 05:17 PM']I made chocolate raspberry torte...it was denser than I thought and came out like fudge.

Brother Adam could only eat one bite.

Azaelia ate two pieces.

:topsy:[/quote]

oooooh. I'd want two pieces too!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1236445' date='Apr 9 2007, 03:27 PM']like yucky pie, only better...

charming.[/quote]
Could be worse. At least it's not deviled egg pie. :pinch:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Romans1513' post='1236446' date='Apr 9 2007, 03:28 PM']oooooh. I'd want two pieces too![/quote]
I don't know...you could actually feel the sugar attacking your teeth...it was way too much.

Next torte I make is going to be a very plain torte.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Old_Joe' post='1236466' date='Apr 9 2007, 03:44 PM']My mom made "Hocus Pocus Buns" aka Empty Tombs.[/quote]
Ask your dad if he knows the origin of the term hocus pocus. If he doesn't, I think I win our trivia match.

It's anti-Catholic. :(

[quote name='Raphael' post='1236470' date='Apr 9 2007, 04:46 PM']Ask your dad if he knows the origin of the term hocus pocus. If he doesn't, I think I win our trivia match.

It's anti-Catholic. :([/quote]

You're probably referring to the corruption of the words "hoc est corpus" or "hoc est poculum" which Christ said at the Last Supper and which the priest echoes during the Eucharistic Liturgy.

It could refer to a magician of Norse mythology Ochus Bochus or the welsh phrase hovea pwca meaning goblin's trick.

I got that from Wikipedia.

Yes he did know.

Edited by Old_Joe

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Old_Joe' post='1236480' date='Apr 9 2007, 04:00 PM']You're probably referring to the corruption of the words "hoc est corpus" or "hoc est poculum" which Christ said at the Last Supper and which the priest echoes during the Eucharistic Liturgy.

It could refer to a magician of Norse mythology Ochus Bochus or the welsh phrase hovea pwca meaning goblin's trick.

I got that from Wikipedia.

Yes he did know.[/quote]
Your father's a genius.