An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Revolution Against Christendom

Era Might

I don't know if anyone has collected Warren H. Carroll's history of Christendom series, but I've been waiting on the newest volume for a few years now. I happened to google it a few weeks ago, and saw that it came out almost a year ago! I ordered mine and it's resting comfortably now in my drawer.

Get it [url="http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Against-Christendom-History/dp/0931888808/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-3714078-1890412?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1176177293&sr=8-2"][u]HERE[/u][/url].

[quote]This series is the only comprehensive narration of Western history written from the orthodox Catholic perspective still in print. How would a historical narrative read if the author began with these first principles: Truth exists; the Incarnation happened? This series is essential reading for those who consider the West worth defending.

Warren H. Carroll, Founding and First President of Christendom College and Chairman of its History Department for twenty-five years author of numerous history titles including: The Founding of Christendom, The Building of Christendom, The Glory of Christendom, The Cleaving of Christendom, The Revolution Against Christendom, 1917: Red Banners White Mantle, Isabel of Spain, Our Lady of Guadalupe, The Rise and Fall of the Communist Revolution, The Last Crusade, and The Guillotine and the Cross.[/quote]

Justified Saint

The cover change was a good move.

This series has always looked fascinating, though I tend to be wary of ultra-mega narratives such as Carroll's.