An Old School Catholic Message Board

Asking For Prayers ... When To Enter?

cmaD2006

Hi Phamily:

Just a quick prayer request from all who hang around Vocation Station ... I'm going to be calling the formation directress of the community that I will be entering to talk about delaying entrance.

My entrance was scheduled to be shortly (again skipping precise date/month due to work). However unless a small financial miracle happens I will need to delay. I've been trying to figure out when to call for the last week -- but the two hour time difference makes it difficult (I need to call in the evening, however by the time I get off work and get home its around 8pm or later, which makes it 10pm or later in Argentina)

I also need some Holy Spirit guidance as to when I think I will be entering -- I have no clue right now :idontknow: . I'm almost sure that this will be a question that the formation directress will pose.

I am at some level of peace about all of this -- more like resigned to it. The difficulty is having the desire of being there now, and not being able to do it. And also getting ready to leave too -- I'm now trying to get (what's left of) the apartment packed up to move into a smaller one (saves 1/2 of my current rent -- and that will go to the debts). Then selling the car (not to mention the oodles of miles I'm having to put on it due to work, which lowers the value of the car). Then making sure that I have enough left over after paying everything off for the plane ticket and the items I need to buy. Forget about thinking about saving enough for a return ticket -- that I'll rely on my parish and my family figuring it out if need be.

Knowing the when makes things easier -- then at least I know when and hopefully how much I'm selling the car for. I also have to deal with visa requirements too -- but I can't work on that until I know when I'm leaving.

I'm probably thinking ahead of myself -- but again knowing when will help. Soooo .... please keep the debt, the timing of entrance, and the timing of my call to Argentina in prayer.

Thanks in advance

AccountDeleted

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1238409' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:13 PM']Hi Phamily:

Just a quick prayer request from all who hang around Vocation Station ... I'm going to be calling the formation directress of the community that I will be entering to talk about delaying entrance.

My entrance was scheduled to be shortly (again skipping precise date/month due to work). However unless a small financial miracle happens I will need to delay. I've been trying to figure out when to call for the last week -- but the two hour time difference makes it difficult (I need to call in the evening, however by the time I get off work and get home its around 8pm or later, which makes it 10pm or later in Argentina)

I also need some Holy Spirit guidance as to when I think I will be entering -- I have no clue right now :idontknow: . I'm almost sure that this will be a question that the formation directress will pose.

I am at some level of peace about all of this -- more like resigned to it. The difficulty is having the desire of being there now, and not being able to do it. And also getting ready to leave too -- I'm now trying to get (what's left of) the apartment packed up to move into a smaller one (saves 1/2 of my current rent -- and that will go to the debts). Then selling the car (not to mention the oodles of miles I'm having to put on it due to work, which lowers the value of the car). Then making sure that I have enough left over after paying everything off for the plane ticket and the items I need to buy. Forget about thinking about saving enough for a return ticket -- that I'll rely on my parish and my family figuring it out if need be.

Knowing the when makes things easier -- then at least I know when and hopefully how much I'm selling the car for. I also have to deal with visa requirements too -- but I can't work on that until I know when I'm leaving.

I'm probably thinking ahead of myself -- but again knowing when will help. Soooo .... please keep the debt, the timing of entrance, and the timing of my call to Argentina in prayer.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Of course I will keep you in my prayers, but don't overlook the obvious answer - ask Jesus! Before my brother called me to Singapore, I was living in a motel, working as a caregiver and wondering if I would ever enter Carmel. I begged God to take care of me because I was finding it all so hard, especially the waiting. I, too, am paying off some personal debts.

Then my brother phoned and asked for my help - to come live in Singapore and help in caring for his son. In appearance, I am helping my brother and nephew, but in reality, God answered my prayers. My brother supports me and my days are free to go to Mass, go to adoration, meet with my spiritual director or confessor, walk, go the bookstore etc.... I help my nephew with his homework when he gets home from school, spend some time with him before dinner and put him to bed afterwards. My brother is supportive of my vocation and knows I am leaving in July to enter. All of this because God is taking care of me. Ask Him to help you, and then let Him show you the way.

:bigpray:

cathoholic_anonymous

Annie gave some wonderful advice, as always. :) Pray that you receive what you need to pay off your debts. St Michael and St Joseph seem to have an especial love of paying for necessary things, at least in my experience.

When I was on retreat at the Carmelite Priory in Boar's Hill, Oxford, I met an elderly woman who runs extremely cheap pilgrimages to Lourdes. Amazed, I asked her how she could possibly manage all the travel fares and accommodation costs if she only took a hundred pounds from each pilgrim. She just smiled and said, "Our Lady has plenty of money."

Divine_Mercy504

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1238573' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:12 AM']Annie gave some wonderful advice, as always. :)[/quote]

Annie, CA is right. Are you sure you're called to Carmel?...you would make a FANTASTIC spritiual director! :P:

Prayers for you, cmariadiaz. Don't worry. I know that that must be the hardest phrase to have to listen to becuase it is so easy to do just that--worry. But, the Lord is so good. He will take care of everything.

:bigpray: that all goes well!

Rachel

[quote name='nunsense' post='1238549' date='Apr 11 2007, 04:28 AM']Of course I will keep you in my prayers, but don't overlook the obvious answer - ask Jesus! Before my brother called me to Singapore, I was living in a motel, working as a caregiver and wondering if I would ever enter Carmel. I begged God to take care of me because I was finding it all so hard, especially the waiting. I, too, am paying off some personal debts.

Then my brother phoned and asked for my help - to come live in Singapore and help in caring for his son. In appearance, I am helping my brother and nephew, but in reality, God answered my prayers. My brother supports me and my days are free to go to Mass, go to adoration, meet with my spiritual director or confessor, walk, go the bookstore etc.... I help my nephew with his homework when he gets home from school, spend some time with him before dinner and put him to bed afterwards. My brother is supportive of my vocation and knows I am leaving in July to enter. All of this because God is taking care of me. Ask Him to help you, and then let Him show you the way.

:bigpray:[/quote]

Oh gosh -- I've been asking Jesus for months of course. Haven't gotten an answer -- other than a "I've heard you". So -- I keep being insistent (think the woman before the judge who gets her request due to her insistence). I sometimes think He must say "Oh geez she's at it again!" :lol_roll:

At least I keep getting the confirmation that God will make it happen. Its just the waiting of course -- and coming up with when to call the sisters. (Again I'm asking the Lord for guidance).

Thanks for all the advice and prayer support -- I'll give the phamily an update as soon as something happens.

God Bless!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1239105' date='Apr 12 2007, 08:21 AM']Oh gosh -- I've been asking Jesus for months of course. Haven't gotten an answer -- other than a "I've heard you". So -- I keep being insistent (think the woman before the judge who gets her request due to her insistence). I sometimes think He must say "Oh geez she's at it again!" :lol_roll:

At least I keep getting the confirmation that God will make it happen. Its just the waiting of course -- and coming up with when to call the sisters. (Again I'm asking the Lord for guidance).

Thanks for all the advice and prayer support -- I'll give the phamily an update as soon as something happens.

God Bless![/quote]

One thing that is helping me right now is reading "Imititation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis. He talks about patience and suffering for Christ - it makes everything ok. I just pull out the book every time I get a little impatient!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Divine_Mercy504' post='1238619' date='Apr 11 2007, 11:05 PM']Annie, CA is right. Are you sure you're called to Carmel?...you would make a FANTASTIC spritiual director! :P:

Rachel[/quote]

Rachel - thanks to you I have now have to do penance for the sin of pride :rolleyes: . Thanks a lot - lol!

Although I would love to be able to say "thank you" for the compliment, we all know that anything good comes from God alone. So anything I say that happens to make sense is all because of Him being kind enough to let me write clearly, and anything I write that causes confusion is obviously my own lack of understanding getting in the way.

The fact of the matter is that [u]God [/u] is the one who makes a fantastic spiritual director. If we were all more perfect in listening to Him, we wouldn't need anyone else to guide us. But because of our weaknesses, we seem to profit a lot from hearing God speak through others. I have been very blessed with good spiritual directors, but I know that any wisdom they share with me, is from Him, so I keep them in my prayers that He will grace them with His love and wisdom and holiness. Since priests are God's representatives on earth, I sincerely believe that they are the best spiritual directors.

And since they need all of our prayers to keep them in His grace, and to be able to stay as holy instruments of His Will, I believe that Carmel is the perfect place for me to be able to do this! I will say the prayers and priests can give the spiritual direction!

:bigpray: