An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arguing With A "catholic"

got2luvjc

he claims that the apostles didn't believe Jesus until after he ressurected, and his defense is "that what my priest said"

now, if I understand the Bible correctly, it would seem that the apostles DID believe Jesus, but cowarded out when it got hard (not totally incomprehendible)

what would u say to him? am I wrong in my understanding?

Justin (Wiccan)

[quote name='got2luvjc' post='1245641' date='Apr 16 2007, 12:18 PM']he claims that the apostles didn't believe Jesus until after he ressurected, and his defense is "that what my priest said"

now, if I understand the Bible correctly, it would seem that the apostles DID believe Jesus, but cowarded out when it got hard (not totally incomprehendible)

what would u say to him? am I wrong in my understanding?[/quote]

Actually, it seems to me that the Apostles believed, but did not fully understand what--or Who--they were believing in.

thessalonian

Didn't believe what? Most certainly they did believe he was the Messiah. Matt 16:18 makes that pretty clear. I think even Judas believed that.

Considering some of the apostles words along the way I think they simply did not understand some of what was to take place. They did believe that Jesus was the Messiah but bailed out when the going got tuff.

good points.

he's liberal, and I'm sure he doesn't believe 80% of what the Catholic church teaches...

makes me wonder why people like him are Catholic...