An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Jesus Myth

dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='SJP' post='1266720' date='May 7 2007, 10:06 AM']Why do you believe in life after death?[/quote]
1. First and foremost, I can.
2. The belief is still valid, the possibility exists that entities could reincarnate.
3. It would seem to be a teaching that make sense, that if we have a soul that it is a force that would not stand still and that it may continually incarnate to gather knowledge and physical life experiences.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1266751' date='May 7 2007, 11:45 AM']1. First and foremost, I can.
2. The belief is still valid, the possibility exists that entities could reincarnate.
3. It would seem to be a teaching that make sense, that if we have a soul that it is a force that would not stand still and that it may continually incarnate to gather knowledge and physical life experiences.[/quote]

Very good,
So we've established that you believe in life after death despite the fact that there is no "proof" for your belief. It seems to me that you hold us to a higher standard of proof than you do for yourself.

Earlier in this thread you stated:
"In case of you haven’t figured this out yet that no matter what language the Bible was written in, no matter how accuarate the language, no matter how accurate the translation, we cannot prove that there was a Moses, we cannot validate that there was a flood and that Noah was chosen to head the expedition on the "Lord's" command. You may be able to prove that there was a man named Jesus but you cannot prove that he performed miracles, was crucified or was resurrected. You might be able to speculate that the authors of the Bible were in contact with some sort of intelligence but you will not be able prove that they were inspired by a one and only true Supreme Being and if you have any factual evidence to support this, I would be willing to seriously consider it."

I don't bring this up to nit pick, only to demonstrate that we are not all that different. We all believe things that cannot be verified through the scientific method.

Edited by SJP

[quote name='SJP' post='1266776' date='May 7 2007, 11:12 AM']Very good,
So we've established that you believe in life after death despite the fact that there is no "proof" for your belief. It seems to me that you hold us to a higher standard of proof than you do for yourself.

Earlier in this thread you stated:
"In case of you haven’t figured this out yet that no matter what language the Bible was written in, no matter how accuarate the language, no matter how accurate the translation, we cannot prove that there was a Moses, we cannot validate that there was a flood and that Noah was chosen to head the expedition on the "Lord's" command. You may be able to prove that there was a man named Jesus but you cannot prove that he performed miracles, was crucified or was resurrected. You might be able to speculate that the authors of the Bible were in contact with some sort of intelligence but you will not be able prove that they were inspired by a one and only true Supreme Being and if you have any factual evidence to support this, I would be willing to seriously consider it."

I don't bring this up to nit pick, only to demonstrate that we are not all that different. We all believe things that cannot be verified through the scientific method.[/quote]
If you reread the thread, the higher standard of proof was put upon me for my claims. If you reread this thread, you will notice that I have also revealed that I believe in many of the same things that the other posters did. The difference being, I do not call or consider it Truth and that I am not bound by faith.

Edited by carrdero