An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestant Communion Vs. Catholic Eucharist

Good Friday

IcePrincessKRS

And what about the Protestants who believe that communion is only symbolic?

Yes, the Church DOES forbid us from participating in Protestant communion services, MC Just knows that, I think he was just saying *if*---a very BIG if---he didn't know that it was forbidden he still wouldn't partake of their communion.

[quote name='Hananiah' date='Mar 25 2004, 11:24 AM'] And I believe Canon law forbids us from participating in Protestant communion services. [/quote]
That's right, I forgot about that.

RandomProddy

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Mar 25 2004, 12:23 PM'] Welcome RandomProddy! :) [/quote]
Hey, thanks for the welcome. And nice sig :D

CatholicCrusader

RandomProddy,
I am sorry to be the one to inform you, but Pope Leo XII proclaimed the Anglican "orders" to be invalid, hence, all Anglican "priests" are not actually Priests, but they are validly ordained (laymen in Priests' clothing). Therefore, if you believe that the Eucharist is Real, I think that is good; however, your religion does not have the Euhcarist because one of the four requirements for the Eucharist is a validly ordained Priest (as well as correct form, matter, and intention). God bless you. Continue to seek the Truth of the Catholic Church!!

CatholicCrusader

I am really bad today with typing...this is my second "correction". That SHOULD say:
RandomProddy,
I am sorry to be the one to inform you, but Pope Leo XII proclaimed the Anglican "orders" to be invalid, hence, all Anglican "priests" are not actually Priests, but they are INvalidly ordained [I had "validly", which is incorrect] (laymen in Priests' clothing). Therefore, if you believe that the Eucharist is Real, I think that is good; however, your religion does not have the Euhcarist because one of the four requirements for the Eucharist is a validly ordained Priest (as well as correct form, matter, and intention). God bless you. Continue to seek the Truth of the Catholic Church!!

DesiringMore

[quote name='DojoGrant' date='Mar 25 2004, 08:43 AM'] You guys are wrong on consubstantiation, both in its meaning and who practices it.

Lutherans do not believe in consubstantiation. This is rejected in the Lutheran Confessions.

[/quote]
Luther was the one that came up with Consubstantiation. where have you learned that Lutherans don't believe in Consubstantiation? Some of my relatives are Lutherans and they believe in Consubstatiation.

[quote name='CatholicCrusader' date='Mar 26 2004, 04:24 PM'] ,
I am sorry to be the one to inform you, [/quote]
Maybe you should not be sorry for informing him/her, but maybe it could have been said with a bit more tact ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus...

Any way welcome

• 3 weeks later...
RandomProddy

[quote name='CatholicCrusader' date='Mar 27 2004, 02:33 PM'] I meant I was sorry that someone had not yet told her. I was happy to tell her :-) [/quote]
Her??

[quote name='RandomProddy' date='Apr 12 2004, 02:10 AM'] Her?? [/quote]
lol, isn't it funny how people assume sexes on the boards? I wonder what causes that.

I believe that it is okfor a Catholic to partake in Communion with a Protestant Church if it is strictly a symbol. Why not? It's just bread, a remembrance. I dont see whats wrong with that.

[color=gray] Quote: I dont think I could receive from their tables. I believe in the Real Presence. I believe in the actuall body, blood, soul and divinity of our Lord, I believe it's very real in our "Heaven on Earth". [/color] -MC JUST

the lumberjack

watch out with that "I believe" stuff...you better look it up in the teachings of the church.

you might end up a protestant if you keep talkin that "I believe" stuff.

btw....I'm on AIM if you do. :sweat: