An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Bendict Xvi,steven Colbert And Islam

EJames

is it ok for a little Ecumenical humour in here? video

[url="http://ejvideo-place.blogspot.com/2007/02/humour-ecumenace-colberts-word-of-day.html"]http://ejvideo-place.blogspot.com/2007/02/...ord-of-day.html[/url]
Pax

:turban:
:biglol:

Edited by EJames

Not funny, EJames. This is actually ridicule of the Catholic Faith and misrepresentation of historical fact.

Not appreciated by this Catholic. Thanks anyway.

Likos

RezaMikhaeil

I don't like his insults on His Holiness Pope Benedict [who's roman numerals I can't remember offhand] but he also did shed some humor that was needed, as to lighten everyone up that's too serious.

Reza

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1256381' date='Apr 25 2007, 03:49 PM']Not funny, EJames. This is actually ridicule of the Catholic Faith and misrepresentation of historical fact.

Not appreciated by this Catholic. Thanks anyway.

Likos[/quote]
a little sarcasm...?its Steven Colbert, its supposed to misrepresent...
i guess i am not too ecumenical....or overly sensitive to others tongue in cheek humour..Steven Colbert is a caricature,very American Political humour
and i dont idolize the Pope or Papacy, i love and pray for Pope Benedict XVI, , and Steven Colbert, well the pray part at least..
PAX et Bonum

Edited by EJames

[quote name='EJames' post='1256424' date='Apr 25 2007, 08:38 PM']a little sarcasm...?its Steven Colbert, its supposed to misrepresent...
i guess i am not too ecumenical....or overly sensitive to others tongue in cheek humour..Steven Colbert is a caricature,very American Political humour
and i dont idolize the Pope or Papacy, i love and pray for Pope Benedict XVI, , and Steven Colbert, well the pray part at least..
PAX et Bonum[/quote]

Ridicule of any person -- especially the Pope -- is not humorous. I don't idolize the Pope or Papacy either, idolatry is a violation of the first commandment, you know, but I respect them and expect others to do the same. There is a difference between humor and riducule. Ridicule for the sake of humor is not funny, no matter who is the target.

This is a manifestation of our sick culture.

Likos

Edited by Katholikos

desertwoman

I thought it was funny. It made me think of Traditionalists and others who don't like Euc. So Steve, being the staunch conservative talk show personality, viewed it as such and called it a menace. It was great!!