An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bbc To Broadcast Gay Mass From San Francisco

Budge

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Budge' post='1258689' date='Apr 28 2007, 11:08 AM'][b]Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.[/b][/quote]
John 6:53
Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever."
These things he said while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.

But you see, Jesus gives us himself... and I don't want to be one of the ones who turned and were no longer his disciple.

[quote]
If your going to accuse the Catholic Church of anything, good or bad, please, use a creditable source and not some hoaxy "aintgotjack" website.[/quote]"its not happening, its not happening"?

Thats your answer?.

[img]http://i11.tinypic.com/2dccqk7.jpg[/img]

[url="http://sognodargento.blogspot.com/2007/04/bbc-to-broadcast-gay-mass-from-san.html"]OTHER LINK[/url]
[b]
SERVICE LISTED RIGHT ON CHURCH WEBSITE.[/b]

[url="http://www.mhr.org/events.html"]http://www.mhr.org/events.html[/url]
[quote]
BBC Radio Show on MHR Parish

On Sunday, October 22, at 5 pm, there was a special prayer service at MHR. Fr. Donal Godfrey, SJ, of the University of San Francisco presided and Fr. James Alison, author of Faith Beyond Resentment was the speaker.

This was a special service, recorded by the BBC for broadcast at www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/religion/ on Sunday, April 29, 2007, at 8:10 am (GMT) and running online for the week following.

The BBC's Radio4 Religion and Ethics broadcasts are listened to by nearly 2 million people every week.[/quote]

[b]SERVICE LISTED RIGHT ON BBC[/b]
[url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/programmes/sunday_worship/"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/programmes/sunday_worship/[/url]

[quote][b]unday Worship

Sunday 29th April 2007

Fr Donal Godfrey, Society of Jesus, leads a service from the Catholic Parish of Most Holy Redeemer, San Francisco, exploring how gay people can find a place in the Christian narrative and speak of the gift of faith. The preacher is the Catholic writer and theologian, Fr James Alison.
[/b][/quote]

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1258881' date='Apr 28 2007, 01:56 PM']John 6:53
Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.
Just as the living Father sent me and I have life because of the Father, so also the one who feeds on me will have life because of me.
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Unlike your ancestors who ate and still died, whoever eats this bread will live forever."
These things he said while teaching in the synagogue in Capernaum.
[b]But you see, Jesus gives us himself... and I don't want to be one of the ones who turned and were no longer his disciple.[/b][/quote]
Amen.

Besides, family doesn't give up on family. I did that once, and learned my lesson. We are called not only to be holy ourselves, but to encourage our brothers and sisters in holiness. How does leaving help that?

Edited by Terra Firma

This priest is acting shamefully, and is also acting in direct disobedience to and defiance of the Catholic Church, which plainly teaches against homosexuality.
The fact that there are bad priests out there is hardly news. There is always chaffe among the wheat. Proves nothing against the Church's authority. We've been over this oft times before on here - this delighting in scandal is getting old, and is not something befitting of the Christian.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]The Catholic Church's prime directive is Do Like We Say and Not like We Do.[/quote]

As I have already said to you twice now, when Catholics do good things and lead holy lives, you say that it is irrelevant. You say that it doesn't matter how much 'charity work' a Catholic does - you may be a NICE PERSON (capitalisation yours) but if you're not 'saved' it really doesn't matter.

When a Catholic does a bad thing and leads an infamous life, you say that it is indictive of Catholicism and make comments like, "The Catholic Church's prime directive is Do Like We Say and Not like We Do."

So as far as logic goes, you are frantically chasing your own tail.

[[quote]
This priest is acting shamefully, and is also acting in direct disobedience to and defiance of the Catholic Church, which plainly teaches against homosexuality.
The fact that there are bad priests out there is hardly news. There is always chaffe among the wheat. Proves nothing against the Church's authority. We've been over this oft times before on here - this delighting in scandal is getting old, and is not something befitting of the Christian.[/quote]This includes your churches authority.

Namely an archbishop who named this guy to this position who is now second in command at the Vatican.

Authorities who if this guy ordained a woman, hed be out within day, but gay masses and homosexual promotion, his position remains intacts.

It does PROVE EVERYTHING agianst your churche's authority.

Namely that reprobates are running the show.

[quote]
As I have already said to you twice now, when Catholics do good things and lead holy lives, you say that it is irrelevant. You say that it doesn't matter how much 'charity work' a Catholic does - you may be a NICE PERSON (capitalisation yours) but if you're not 'saved' it really doesn't matter.[/quote]

Hey sure there are nice Catholics in the pews. Dont know about your bishops though...dont see any holiness there with all the false teachings, protection of sex abusers and now protectors of homosexuality promoters.
[quote]
When a Catholic does a bad thing and leads an infamous life, you say that it is indictive of Catholicism and make comments like, "The Catholic Church's prime directive is Do Like We Say and Not like We Do."
[/quote]Dont you get it, Im talking about your CLERGY, YOUR LEADERSHIP.

You want to follow blindly, letting things sink into even more rot, and being a part of this corrupt system? .
[quote]So as far as logic goes, you are frantically chasing your own tail.[/quote]

Where is your logic remaining under the tutelage of such wicked men?

[b]Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, [u]leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.[/u]

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in [their] knowledge, [b]God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;[/b]
[/b]

For some reason you seem to making excuses for it in your leadership.

Ie more people are upset with ME, reather then the guys who are protecting and promoting homosexual reprobates.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1258682' date='Apr 28 2007, 10:51 AM']God will take care of punishing those who are in the wrong. Unrepentant evil-doers will be punished...[/quote]

[quote name='Budge' post='1259281' date='Apr 28 2007, 10:05 PM']For some reason you seem to making excuses for it in your leadership.

Ie more people are upset with ME, reather then the guys who are protecting and promoting homosexual reprobates.[/quote]

Oh come on. None of us have been making excuses for anything and you know it.

We are merely pointing out that you are in this thread (and have on repeated other occasions) engaged in fallacious ad hominem attacks. This is how this logical fallacy works out:

Person A says X
There is something abhorrent about Person A
Therefore claim X is false

Your real beef is with the claims of the Catholic Church. Much as you love to find out bad things that members of the Catholic Church have done, you know that every single religious group on earth has bad apples. I bet even your church does.

So if your real issue is the church, stop throwing out these red herrings and dig into the meat of your issues. Why don't you start arguing what the church REALLY teaches.

[quote]God will take care of punishing those who are in the wrong. Unrepentant evil-doers will be punished...[/quote]

Fancy way of saying..."I dont care."

If even 20 Catholics in that church had the guts to stand up and say this is WRONG, thered be no gay mass.

You your clergy grows so corrupt and horrible, because people in your church have this...we dont care attitude. we dont need to stand up agianst evil.

[quote name='Budge' post='1259293' date='Apr 28 2007, 09:18 PM']Fancy way of saying..."I dont care."

If even 20 Catholics in that church had the guts to stand up and say this is WRONG, thered be no gay mass.

You your clergy grows so corrupt and horrible, because people in your church have this...we dont care attitude. we dont need to stand up agianst evil.[/quote]
no, fancy way of saying "it's not our place to deal with enforcing God's will."

Just like it's not our place to sentence criminals to jail.

homeschoolmom

The Castro district is a cesspool... I agree. I don't like it. I wouldn't go there. But your big paintbrush painting our clergy as corrupt because of a few is sickening. I'm giving you a public warning. Stop the cleric bashing or you're going to have to take a break.

[quote]Your real beef is with the claims of the Catholic Church. Much as you love to find out bad things that members of the Catholic Church have done, you know that every single religious group on earth has bad apples. I bet even your church does.[/quote]

Yeah but unlike you folks, I dont make excuses for the bad apples or help legitimize their actions by being outraged at anyone exposing their wicked deeds. I want BAD Baptists and or other Bible Christians exposed so they do not lead others into perdition. That includes Baptist interfaithers--yes they do exist, and others.

I have made stands against Dominionism within even my own church. What is the Catholic way today but to blindly follow and remain silent in the face of evil? One thing I have noticed that since the sex scandals Catholics have become more and more passive.