Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Poll: Where Are You Born/originally/currently From?


NEW POLL: Where are you born/originally/currently from?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Paladin D
Posted (edited)

[size=7][b]For US citizens:[/size] [size=5]Please use the following image to base your geographical positions. Also note the FROM/RAISED portion of the poll is multiple choice, especially for those who lived in multiple locations. If the poll is not working for you, please let me know.[/b][/size]

[b]Updated link[/b] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_of_USA_showing_regions.png"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Map_of_...ing_regions.png[/url]


I personally don't agree with Delaware and Maryland being classified as The South, but we have to use an official source, so the US Census Bureau would do.


[b]Born:[/b] Jersey (Northeast)
[b]Raised:[/b] Jersey (Northeast) and Delaware (South)
[b]Currently reside:[/b] Virginia (South)

Edited by Paladin D
Tindomiel
Posted

Born: Maine (NE)
Raised: Maine (NE)
Current Residence : Maine (NE)

Gosh, my life sounds boring.

Posted

[b]Born:[/b] (West) Frankfurt, Germany
[b]Raised:[/b] KY, KS, IL
[b]Reside:[/b] IL

Kentucky is I guess on the border of the South, but I put it as the South anyways

Posted

i keep getting a 404 'file not found' error for that wikimedia link, Paladin

Paladin D
Posted

[quote name='Tindomiel' post='1262581' date='May 2 2007, 03:54 PM']Born: Maine (NE)
Raised: Maine (NE)
Current Residence : Maine (NE)

Gosh, my life sounds boring.[/quote]


Nothing wrong with being content in one location. Many people live in one area their entire lives, I want to move back up to the Northeast.

Tindomiel
Posted

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1262592' date='May 2 2007, 04:08 PM']Nothing wrong with being content in one location. Many people live in one area their entire lives, I want to move back up to the Northeast.[/quote]
I know... I like this place. :D:

Paladin D
Posted

[quote name='Didymus' post='1262590' date='May 2 2007, 04:08 PM']i keep getting a 404 'file not found' error for that wikimedia link, Paladin[/quote]

Fixed.

Paladin D
Posted (edited)

Here's something interesting. The US Census Bureau classifies Delaware and Maryland as [b]The South[/b]. I can understand Maryland somewhat being part of the South, but why Delaware? The Mason-Dixon line actually goes along the MD/PA border, then goes straight down along the DE/MD border, thus making Delaware part of "Yankee Land". I understand historically these two were border states, but if we're gonna geographically divide them up, why not use the proper usage of the Mason-Dixon divide?

[b]Image:[/b] [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mason-dixon-line.gif"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Mason-dixon-line.gif[/url]

Edited by Paladin D
Posted (edited)

Born: Dumas, TX (South)
Raised: Schuyler, NE (Midwest)
Currently Reside: Lincoln, NE (Midwest)

Edited by Anthony
As_Humble_as_Water
Posted

Born: Upstate New York (NE)
Raised: Upstate New York (NE)
Live: Maine (NE)

Posted

Born: Midwest (IL)
Raised: South (MS)
Currently: South (TN)

Posted

Born: Ohio (Midwest)
Raised: Ohio (midwest)
Live: Ohio and Pennsylvania(NE) for school. I needed the multiple choice on the last question.

Paladin D
Posted

[quote name='EAnn246' post='1262625' date='May 2 2007, 04:36 PM']Born: Ohio (Midwest)
Raised: Ohio (midwest)
Live: Ohio and Pennsylvania(NE) for school. I needed the multiple choice on the last question.[/quote]


Didn't take that into account, sorry. :idontknow:

Posted

Canada, Canada, Canada. I think it is funny that there are 3 regions for the States, but it is smaller than Canada!!!

Paladin D
Posted

[quote name='prose' post='1262648' date='May 2 2007, 05:05 PM']Canada, Canada, Canada. I think it is funny that there are 3 regions for the States, but it is smaller than Canada!!![/quote]

Four regions.

There's a lot of cultural differences between the four areas of the country, not to mention minor ones inside of those regions too. Not to mention, you guys have approx 30-32 million, we have around 300 million. So of course we'll have regions! More people, more distinction.

Knight of the Holy Rosary
Posted

Born in Iowa.

Raised in Indiana.

morostheos
Posted

Born in Cleveland
Raised in Cleveland and Virginia
Currently reside in Rome, Italy

Posted

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1262651' date='May 2 2007, 03:12 PM']Four regions.

There's a lot of cultural differences between the four areas of the country, not to mention minor ones inside of those regions too. Not to mention, you guys have approx 30-32 million, we have around 300 million. So of course we'll have regions! More people, more distinction.[/quote]

I think if you talk to any Canadian, they will tell you that there is ABSOLUTELY distinction in the regions of Canada. Different accents, different lifestyles, et. etc. Numbers aren't really what define that, or China would have may, many regions.

For instance, the population from the maritimes are COMPLETELY different than the Northwest Territories, or the plains.

Maybe we should move this to the debate table!!

:boxer:

Posted

Midwest for all three

Posted

Jersey girl--born and raised, and I'll be here until 2011 at least. Heck, I'll probably live here forever. :lol:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...