An Old School Catholic Message Board

Letter From Israeli Soldiers Parents

musturde

[url="http://lebaneselobby.org/News__index/news%202007/05%2002%2007%20Captive%20soldier's%20mother%20sends%20letter%20to%20Hizbullah.html"]http://lebaneselobby.org/News__index/news%...0Hizbullah.html[/url]

[b]
Tovah Lazaroff, THE JERUSALEM POST

The mother of captive soldier Ehud Goldwasser, 32, learned on Wednesday that a letter she had sent to Hizbullah had reached the hands of one of its spiritual leaders, Muhammad Hussein Fadlallah.

Ehud, along with fellow reservist Eldad Regev, 26, was kidnapped by Hizbullah as they patrolled Israel's northern border in July, 2006. Since then, their families have received no word or evidence to show that the two men are alive.

For nine months, their families have subsisted on hope alone.

In March, Ehud's mother Mikki sent a letter to Fadlallah through the hands of a UN envoy, in which she begged him to send her some signal to assuage her of her son's well being.

But it was only on Wednesday when she heard that an article regarding the letter had been published in the Lebanese paper An-Nahar, that she knew for sure that Fadlallah had received he heart-felt plea.

She said she was grateful that Fadlallah had read the letter.

"I do hope that now he will show us some pity and will send us a sign of life," said Goldwasser.

In short note, she told Fadlallah, "I wish there could be peace between us and Lebanon. But I am a mother and I am not a political person. As a mother I just would like to know about my son. I know that he was wounded."

She said she hoped they treated both Ehud and Eldad according to the humanitarian
dictates of the Koran.

"My son got married only a year before [he was kidnapped] and he promised to make me a happy grandmother," Mikki said.

She added that she told Fadlallah that as "a father and maybe even a grandfather he can understand my wishes."[/b]

cathoholic_anonymous

I think you've accidentally put this in the wrong board, musturde, but...every place can become a prayer room if necessary. :sign: I hope the soldier is returned safe and well.