An Old School Catholic Message Board

Punishment

MJS

Don John of Austria

No not in all cases but contrary to popular propoganda it is not outside of the teachings of the Church and the mass muderers that abortionist are would certianly qualify even under the stingent conditions of the Church.

And yes the Church supports Nature Law, the Principle of Forfiture is basic Natural Law.

Because of insanity.

What mother wants, of her own volition, without mental illness or strong pressure from outside, to kill her own child?

The answer should be none.

But how do we decide if one is truly malicious? Mandatopry counselling.

I agree, there should prob be an insanity or temp insanity plea if there is a danger of imprisonment, which would keep them out of prison. I know 3 girls who have had abortions and all 3 are definitely messed up in the head afterwards and they have this wierd denial thing like nothing serious ever happened. I'm not a girl or a mom or a parent; and even if I believed in abortion, I think if I were in my right mind I would still recognize that something serious and tramatic had taken place. People make crazy decisions in acts of despiration so counseling is a must.

Don John of Austria

It is a basic principle of Natural Law theory( which the Church supports) that those who threaten an innocents life or take and innocents life have forfieted there own right to life( and other rights as well).

It is called the Principle of Forfeiture( like the Principle of double effect).

Don John of Austria

Nope, not at all. It doen't apply to anything but the murder of innocents. the reasoning behind this is simple, if you are dead you have lost ALL your rights, so one is authorised to protect that last great right even by killing the aggressor( this is differant than double effect because this allows killing with the intent to kill) by the same token the State( or anyone empowered to do so) can execute the offender because by his act he has placed himself out side of the community of man, he has violated the most keyof key values and therefore cannot be trusted with anything certianly that he will not do it agian.

Don John of Austria

Also an eye for an eye imply's vengence, vengence is the Lords and can never be taken morally, this is not about vengence but protecting the innocent.

Your welcome.