Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Why do men automatically assume that just because their wives don't hold full-time jobs that they don't do the same amount of work that they do?

Do they seriously think this, or can they not comprehend that while a wife may not have a full-time job that keeping a home is a whole job in itself?

Posted

Obviously all men don't think this way but i do know a lot that do. I think it is a feeling of accomplishment for them. They come home at five and lounge the rest of the day thinking their job is done. I am a guy and totally think this is wrong. A guy should help around the house no matter what but I think that it is a picture that is seen by so many men that they think it is customary. It is an image seen by many then accepted as being right. When you marry you are saying that you will be there to help forever. No matter what the task help is always needed especially in a marriage.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Well...you one of the few....

I was talking to someone who'se husband actually thought that they lounged around the house during the day, while he was at working, watching tv and eating bon-bons!

I mean....being a housewife isn't that easy, especially when there's more than two people in the home.

I'm just glad that I have a husband who helps around the apartment from time to time.

Posted

I was talking to someone who'se husband actually thought that they lounged around the house during the day, while he was at working, watching tv and eating bon-bons!

Craziness! If possible it would be cool to have a guy stay home for a week while the wife is out shopping during the times he should be workin. That would give theman idea of what the wife does. ;)

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

Yeah....no kidding...

It'd be amazing how quickly that household would become a disaster area!

Posted

my mom went on vacation for two weeks to visit my grandparents, with my three youngest syblings, so it was my dad, me (i'm a guy), my younger brother and my younger sister at home... It wasn't easy to keep the place neat. We ended up doing a massive clean up the day before she got back :D

Posted

I am in complete awe of the stay-at-home moms I know. Not only are they "at work" from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to bed, they often are very lonely. Especially if they have young kids at home, being a stay-at-home mom can be quite isolating. Go moms! Major props.

Posted

I'm lucky. The people I work with (men) pretty much all have wives that WORK at home. I say work because that is what they do. They all appreciate what they do but I have met people like what Teresa is talking about. In fact, a couple of the FEMALES I work with, when they found out that I would be working at home in a few months, asked me if I was going to be bored with nothing to do. GRRRR!

So it's not just men who think this way.

Posted

If possible it would be cool to have a guy stay at home for a week while the wife is out shopping during the time he should be working.

He still wouldn't remember to clean the toilet I bet! :no: :toilet:

Posted

I am in complete awe of the stay-at-home moms I know. Not only are they "at work" from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to bed, they often are very lonely. Especially if they have young kids at home, being a stay-at-home mom can be quite isolating. Go moms! Major props.

Amen!

Az - on Maternity leave, and thinking that my office job was a lot less work.

Posted

I agree with cimlog completely. Men should at least help around the house, when they return home. If it's to clean a little, spend time with one's spouse, play with the children, take care of the children, and so forth.

But there was an interesting study, on why sometimes guys seem to just "lounge around". Of course, it depends on the situation and person.

If only I could find the article...

Posted

Amen!

Az - on Maternity leave, and thinking that my office job was a lot less work.

Az is dope. wow...so what's it like to have participated in creation with GOD. That is a super dope thing I think anway.:)

Posted

Az is dope. wow...so what's it like to have participated in creation with GOD. That is a super dope thing I think anway.:)

It is bar none the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me, and I quite frankly look at her and still can't believe she came out of me.

Posted

:D Amen! Praise GOD!!!!

Kilroy the Ninja
Posted

I'm here to tell you that staying at home is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more work than being at a job. You see, at my job, I am the only I have to pick up after, everything ALWAYS gets put back where it belongs and there wasn't anyone tagging along after me undo-ing EVERYTHING I did. Just try picking up a toddler's toys when they're in the room... almost impossible.

I just knew that when I decided to stay home that my house was finally going to be organized, neat, superclean and a wonderful retreat from the real world.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So very, very wrong.

It's the most disorganized, messy, cluttered place I've ever been in (not filthy though, I swear!) And now, just about ANYWHERE is prefferable to being in my messy home... :sadder:

Someday, when I have money and the kiddo's a little older, I'm going to find a mom's day out program around here and I'm going to reclaim my house.

Kilroy the Ninja
Posted

Oh yeah, and no box or bag can leave this house destined for the dump or recycle bin before it's gone through thoroughly because my toddler has a penchant for putting things in things.

Nothing is safe and you wouldn't believe the stuff we've found in the weirdest places...

Posted

It wasn't easy to keep the place neat. We ended up doing a massive clean up the day before she got back

Great Tactic :D

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Kilroy forget about your house. Keep the dishes done, the baby and yourself clean, and keep hubby in fresh underwear. Put the baby in a play pen to do these things. The rest of the time enjoy the little miracle in your life. THese days will be gone far too soon.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

Why do men automatically assume that just because their wives don't hold full-time jobs that they don't do the same amount of work that they do?

Do they seriously think this, or can they not comprehend that while a wife may not have a full-time job that keeping a home is a whole job in itself?

Get sick for a week and do nothing.

He will then worship the ground you walk on.

Sometimes, we make it look too easy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...