An Old School Catholic Message Board

Jehovah Witnesses' Against Military Service

Paladin D

Paladin D

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1266411' date='May 6 2007, 11:03 PM']you cant say "baptists believe..." they dont agree.

Paladin, Special Opps...

My issue is that even if the church does not judge it as sin, my issue is that we lose cognative control. There is a time when you will be told to shoot another human because of something you do not understand. There is a farmer in nebraska who is willing to fly half way around the world to take the life of someone he has never met and will be told to kill him. This is not justified fighting, there is a strong religious aspect to that. I believe there is a fine line between protecting our family, and pledging loyality to a goverment that should only go to our church and family. Like I said..a fine line

To the the nature of the talk, if you want to switch to PM I will understand.

GET THE BOOK!!!![/quote]

Sent you a PM.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1266238' date='May 6 2007, 06:41 PM']JW's aren't the only one's... Anabaptists also don't believe in war, and are pacafist by nature. That doesn't mean that they dont believe in helping the oppressed thou, that's an over statement.[/quote]
The government also does not believe in offering their sons and daughters for the purpose of war.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1266515' date='May 6 2007, 11:33 PM']Mail carriers.[/quote]
Ouch!!

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1266411' date='May 6 2007, 08:03 PM']you cant say "baptists believe..." they dont agree.[/quote]

I didn't say baptists, I said anabaptists [very different, do your research]... and anabaptists don't believe in taking a single human being's life, no matter what and don't even pay the same tax as everyone else [they pay less tax, since they don't support the military budget and have a tax loophole for that].

[quote]The government also does not believe in offering their sons and daughters for the purpose of war.[/quote]

The anabaptist belief and the government's belief are at odds with each other, that's an undeniable truth.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1266124' date='May 6 2007, 03:37 PM']I think that was said... they don't celebrate holidays either... seriously, I don't know how those people keep their "faith"... it sounds like it drags ya down.. brainwashing mayhaps? :idontknow:[/quote]
I don't find this to be such an unreasonable doctrine.

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1266215' date='May 6 2007, 05:32 PM']One of the reasons I want to enlist is to help protect and defend a nation that I truely love.[/quote]
I wouldn't enter into any war unless the leader of the country I was fighting for was on the same battlefield heading the charge.

Edited by carrdero

Paladin D

[quote name='carrdero' post='1266707' date='May 7 2007, 10:35 AM']I wouldn't enter into any war unless the leader of the country I was fighting for was on the same battlefield heading the charge.[/quote]

Last I checked, that is not the role of the President.

[quote name='Paladin D' post='1266710' date='May 7 2007, 09:49 AM']Last I checked, that is not the role of the President.[/quote]
Last time I checked, I wasn’t cannon fodder.

Edited by carrdero

Paladin D

[quote name='carrdero' post='1266715' date='May 7 2007, 10:58 AM']Last time I checked, I wasn’t cannon fodder.[/quote]

This can get real ugly, but I won't for the sake of peace.