An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Taught Error?

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

i still maintain the confusion resulting from being able to say a teaching was never a teaching, given the subtle differences that are not distinguishable between ordinary and authentic magisterium.

also, what do you call things like when the pope says we shouldn't go to war? isn't that the authentic magisterium, or is there another group altogether of something else, a non-magisterial group? or are catholics who deny the pope when he says that really just along the lines of a heretic?

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

Katholikos

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1267466' date='May 7 2007, 08:15 PM']below is a sort of error taught by the pope. it's an interesting read, compelling sort of even to the CC position. but, he did send the books to other bishops, though one might argue it wasn't "official". what do you think? did he teach the error? why why not for those who think so.[/quote]

Your thread is based on a "sort of error taught by the pope"?

Is a "sort of error" an "error"?

Did you read Madrid's book, or proof-text it?

If you read his book, you know the answer to the question you pose: Did Pope Sixtus teach error?

The answer is no.

dairygirl4u2c

I only said it's sort of an error because I could see two people seeing the situation differently. I honestly tend towards the catholic position that it wasn't official when passed to the other bishops. (technically it wasn't to the church as whole either, but i'm not sure if i buy that definition)