An Old School Catholic Message Board

Super Gods And Arch Villians

carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1280568' date='May 24 2007, 03:52 PM']Actually I was giving the benefit of the doubt to both BEings. I was thinking more along the lines of something like this.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/sonofcardero/heaven.jpg[/img]

Even in comics, Gods and Villians usually ally themselves to vanquish a common foe.[/quote]

Satan has chosen to turn away from God. He does not want to be allied. I dont have a Bible or the CCC with me right now, so i cant back this up. Satan CHOSE to not be in communion with God.

Yes but the Bible has been wriiten over 1500 years ago. You can’t possibly think Satan hasn’t matured or evolved his offenses by now. Even I have reconciled my differences with some of my most stubborn adversaries and have incorporated practices to forgive freely so that both relationships could flourish in peace and harmony. Surely you are not saying that I am more magnanimous than GOD or Satan? If the teachings of GOD can sway billions of humans to rally to His side (in one lifetime), what qualities of GOD is holding Satan back from understanding that GOD could indeed be correct? What human knows GOD better than Satan?

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1281131' date='May 25 2007, 05:37 AM']Yes but the Bible has been wriiten over 1500 years ago. You can’t possibly think Satan hasn’t matured or evolved his offenses by now. Even I have reconciled my differences with some of my most stubborn adversaries and have incorporated practices to forgive freely so that both relationships could flourish in peace and harmony. Surely you are not saying that I am more magnanimous than GOD or Satan? If the teachings of GOD can sway billions of humans to rally to His side (in one lifetime), what qualities of GOD is holding Satan back from understanding that GOD could indeed be correct? What human knows GOD better than Satan?[/quote]
You posts grieve me in the holy ghost.

What is your purpose here. Why are you asking these irrevelvant questions? Why are you defending Satan?

Man, your posts wreak of Sulphar.

I want to call you the big S******* word, but that would get me in trouble.

All your answers could be answered if you read through the Bible once, but you don't like reading the word, do you. If pains you to read about God.

[quote]GodChaser writes: What is your purpose here.[/quote]I thought it shoud be to understand what people believe and why they believe.

[quote]GodChaser writes: Why are you asking these irrevelvant questions?[/quote]

There is no such thing as irrelevant questions, just slippery answers.

[quote]GodChaser writes: Why are you defending Satan?[/quote]Not defending Satan or GOD, I’m saying that there seems to be a real misunderstanding here on one or both deity’s part. Humankind may just be the only ones who can patch this problem up and bring these two BEings together..just think, a world without Satan’s temptation, suffering and denomic intervention. Isn’t the presence of evil something we all can do without? Isn't this something you would desire too?

[quote]GodChaser writes: I want to call you the big S******* word, but that would get me in trouble.[/quote]You're right, "S-asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk, asterisk" is much more charitable and unproblematic.

[quote]GodChaser writes: All your answers could be answered if you read through the Bible once, but you don't like reading the word, do you. If pains you to read about God.[/quote]

I read the Bible, unfortunately it left more questions than answers (for me anyways) and some answers that were provided, may have been better left to that era.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1281288' date='May 25 2007, 02:14 PM']It's not God that is the problem. Satan's decision to rebel is unrevokable.[/quote]
Well I would be interested in why Satan would rebel against such a perfect entity knowing full well that this stance is futile. Or why God has permitted such a rebellion to continue when this Supreme BEing has shown no tolerance and/or killed or destroyed for much less resistance than the problem Satan proposes. It is hard for me to believe that Satan can be both crafty and stupid or God forgiving, merciful as well as jealous, angry and wrathful. There seems to be a confusing stubborness represented by both BEings.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1281538' date='May 26 2007, 06:42 AM']Well I would be interested in why Satan would rebel against such a perfect entity knowing full well that this stance is futile.[/quote]
To quote "The Devil's Advocate":

Kevin Lomax: "In the Bible you loose. We're destined to loose dad."

John Milton: "Well consider the source son! Besides we'll write our own book."

[quote name='carrdero' post='1281538' date='May 26 2007, 06:42 AM']Or why God has permitted such a rebellion[/quote]

Either God does not exist, or he is not both omnipotent and all-benevolent.

[quote name='Jeff' post='1282026' date='May 27 2007, 03:43 AM']To quote "The Devil's Advocate":

Kevin Lomax: "In the Bible you loose. We're destined to loose dad."

John Milton: "Well consider the source son! Besides we'll write our own book."
Either God does not exist, or he is not both omnipotent and all-benevolent.[/quote]
There may be a few other vaild possibilities to consider.

Satan has been trying to enlighten us about the tyranny of God and assisting humans towards the freedom from this murdering BEing since the Garden OF Eden but has been discredited and thwarted at every turn for centuries.

The Biblical events involving God and Satan did not happen or these events depicted some other type of spiritual or physical entities.

God may exist, be omnipotent and all-benevolent but is a neutral observer.

There is no such things as a holy war, demons, Satan or sin. God has no rivals and cannot be offended and we are accountable and responsible for our own actions and consequences.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282199' date='May 27 2007, 02:47 PM']Satan has been trying to enlighten us about the tyranny of God and assisting humans towards the freedom from this murdering BEing since the Garden OF Eden but has been discredited and thwarted at every turn for centuries.[/quote]
That's it.

You [i]rootin tootin inquisitive person you[/i]! [i]Drink tea with Frodo Baggins[/i] Carrdero. [mod]verbal attacks - L_D[/mod]

I will take no more of your lies in this place. I dare you to bring it.

This post in particular has convinced me that you are a [i]Slurpee drinker[/i], posing as someone asking irrelevant questions!

Go [i]eat a variety of fine cheeses[/i] against a wall! [mod]bad words - L_D[/mod]

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1282352' date='May 27 2007, 08:12 PM']That's it.

You stupid, little Luciferian Liar! Lick the dirt off my feet Carrdero.

This post in particular has convinced me that you are a Satanist, posing as someone asking irrelevant questions!

Go piss against a wall![/quote]
GodChaser is there anything substantial that you can provide to this debate besides name-calling and evasive responses? Anything at all?

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1282352' date='May 27 2007, 08:12 PM']That's it.

You stupid, little Luciferian Liar! Lick the dirt off my feet Carrdero.

This post in particular has convinced me that you are a Satanist, posing as someone asking irrelevant questions!

Go piss against a wall![/quote]
What the freaking heck...?

[quote name='carrdero' post='1282469' date='May 27 2007, 11:42 PM']GodChaser is there anything substantial that you can provide to this debate besides name-calling and evasive responses? Anything at all?[/quote]
Yes, I have something for you to debate about.

There's this thing called faith. You just accept matters presented in the Bible by faith, that God is telling the truth.

Satan can't be reconcilled to God because he choose to be in Darkness.

So Satan wars against God by doing something that hurts God, he hurts us. Why, because Satan is powerless against God, so he does what every bully does, he preys upon those who are afraid of him.

You and your new friend seem to be on the Devil's good side, and that just grieves me in the holy spirit. I think your minds are in darkness, and that you have no understanding.

Why don't you just ask God to open your mind to have faith in the truth, and be done with it. But you will not. You are doing the will of your father.

[quote name='XIX' post='1282471' date='May 27 2007, 11:50 PM']What the freaking heck...?[/quote]
I know, my response to Carr seems a little harsh, but this statement really angers me in the holy spirit.

--- Satan has been trying to enlighten us about the tyranny of God and assisting humans towards the freedom from this murdering BEing since the Garden OF Eden but has been discredited and thwarted at every turn for centuries. ---

Do you agree with this.

Only a few people would say such a thing, a Free Mason and an Illuminist.

God is not a Tyrant. And yes, since the Garden, Satan has tried to 'enlighten' us about the tyranny of God. He is placing so many rules.

The crazy thing is, the rules is what keeps us safe.

So god is a loving parent who gives us rules and protection and a means to clean ourselves, so we can be able to see good from evil.

Carr is evil, through and through, a reprobate mind, and I believe he is either a Free Mason or Illuminist!

matthew1618

I think we might need Theologians discussessing this. Or maybe a little bit more common sense. and some polite-ness ( what's up with ppl tellin' ppl to go we-we on walls.) -- Actually that was really funny. I definately did not see that comin.

QUOTE(GodChaser @ May 22 2007, 11:42 PM)
carrdero, If you really want to know Who Satan is Really, check the link out.

What song was that. It wuz really funny. It was like about how there's no breakfest in hell.

[quote]GodChaser writes: Yes, I have something for you to debate about.

There's this thing called faith. You just accept matters presented in the Bible by faith, that God is telling the truth.[/quote]Then you want this thread and probably won’t find this topic rational enough to conceal your fanatical outbursts.
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=67597&st=40"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...67597&st=40[/url]

[quote]GodChaser writes: Satan can't be reconcilled to God because he choose to be in Darkness.[/quote]
But you haven’t yet convinced me that:

Satan exists (or would you like me to simply misplace my hope that he does?)

Satan is evil (by the terms defined by most people)

Satan has done worse than the documented offenses that God has committed in the Old Testament. (the book that you continually challenge me to read and that you profess so much faith for).

[quote]GodChaser writes: So Satan wars against God by doing something that hurts God, he hurts us.[/quote]Satan has never hurt me, in fact I have never met Satan and he certainly has never been fervent enough to tell me to p**s against a wall.

[quote]GodChaser writes: You and your new friend seem to be on the Devil's good side, and that just grieves me in the holy spirit. I think your minds are in darkness, and that you have no understanding.[/quote]
Who is this new friend? I think that I have many facets of understanding except that no one has been able to help me dispel these myths. Instead people keep hitting me over the head with the Bible. To everyone on Phatmass that reads this I HAVE READ THE BIBLE AND I AM FAMILIAR WITH THE TEXT. Now I have more questions.

[quote]GodChaser writes: Why don't you just ask God to open your mind to have faith in the truth, and be done with it.[/quote]If I had GOD’s truth what what I need faith for?

[quote]GodChaser writes: But you will not. You are doing the will of your father.[/quote]
The questions and possibilities that I propose I do so of my own free will, I am not bound by faith.

[quote]GodChaser writes: I know, my response to Carr seems a little harsh, but this statement really angers me in the holy spirit.[/quote]Well I least I now understand where you get your anger from. If your Father knows the answers to these questions, I would certainly be willing to listen but from the retorts expressed in Post #40 you leave me no choice but to believe that you were either not taught well in His wisdom or that He is a bully too.

[quote]GodChaser writes: --- Satan has been trying to enlighten us about the tyranny of God and assisting humans towards the freedom from this murdering BEing since the Garden OF Eden but has been discredited and thwarted at every turn for centuries. ---

Do you agree with this.

Only a few people would say such a thing, a Free Mason and an Illuminist.[/quote]
I never said that I agreed or accepted this theory I just offered it to Jeff as a valid possibility. It is not a belief that I originated but one that I would like concluded.

[quote]GodChaser writes: The crazy thing is, the rules is what keeps us safe.[/quote]And exactly how does holding back enlightenment, understanding and knowledge keep us safe?
[quote]GodChaser writes: So god is a loving parent who gives us rules and protection and a means to clean ourselves, so we can be able to see good from evil.[/quote]
So be honest with me. Was it God that inspired you to write that tirade of epithets in Post #40 or did the devil make you do it?