An Old School Catholic Message Board

Belinda's Update.

bmb144

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1273226' date='May 14 2007, 11:11 PM']Don't just make blanket accusations, though.[/quote]
i am sorry and i wish to properly excuse for these blanket accusations; sometimes i tend to get emotional and the, my brain doesn't work so well. please forgive.

where should i start this new thread? i'm trying to sort this thing out - monotheism vs. Christ-god...

no worries.

Try the Debate Table (Interfaith Dialogue)

make sure to make your topic post a post of a debateable position, like your position that Christianity is a form of polythism. lay it out, put in some support for it, et cetera... and then be ready for some rebuttals that will likely come in and you can respond to them :)

[quote name='Sanvean' post='1273127' date='May 14 2007, 01:45 PM']Do you really think that was called for, Prose?

Obviously, there are different sorts of Neo-Pagan traditions, and within them a variety of viewpoints. You will find flakes in [i]any[/i] religious tradition... including Catholicism.

It's fine to remind Belinda of the truth, and pray for her... but it's pretty presumptious to assume that something like "Teenwitch.com"(does that even [i]look[/i] authoritative and academic to you?) can speak for what Belinda actually believes. Do try and recall a little something called charity, and stop chasing after strawmen.[/quote]

I got that from: [url="http://www.prntrkmt.org/"]http://www.prntrkmt.org/[/url] which is a website dedicated to the beliefs that she said she was a part of. The description I got from the teenwitch site. Two different sites, two different thread entries.

[quote name='prose' post='1273109' date='May 14 2007, 03:11 PM']You are worshiping a "goddess" of sensual pleasure (Bast is the goddess of sensual pleasure)? And you want to become a "priestess" of doing this?

Some part of your soul must feel that this is not right.[/quote]

[quote name='Sanvean' post='1273127' date='May 14 2007, 03:45 PM']Do you really think that was called for, Prose?

Obviously, there are different sorts of Neo-Pagan traditions, and within them a variety of viewpoints. You will find flakes in [i]any[/i] religious tradition... including Catholicism.

It's fine to remind Belinda of the truth, and pray for her... but it's pretty presumptious to assume that something like "Teenwitch.com"(does that even [i]look[/i] authoritative and academic to you?) can speak for what Belinda actually believes. Do try and recall a little something called charity, and stop chasing after strawmen.[/quote]

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1273229' date='May 14 2007, 05:17 PM']Chaya,

I have seen three posts of yours on Phatmass now.

In every single one, you have made some kind of sneering remark about Christianity. Yet you have never returned to a particular thread to discuss the matter further. If your intention on Phatmass is just to insult our faith (and yet accuse us of not respecting your own at every opportunity) without any attempt at courteous or kind-spirited discussion, you will find that this is not the website for you.

Peace,
Vicky[/quote]

Well, I need to say that I've heard such things about Bast anyways. I think it is not that hard to find such a list about Bast. Maybe you should use Wikipedia next time. That holds a little more water! :lol_roll:

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1273058' date='May 14 2007, 12:42 PM']...and I'm unsure what carrderro is saying... it's all very pecuiliar and ambiguous :unsure:[/quote]

I am not quite sure why Belinda originally posted this thread in the debate section or what relationship many Phatmass members had with her but I was a bit taken back by some of these responses. I don’t think Belinda was looking for any sermons or anyone to judge her, I think she was looking for understanding and maybe someone to wish her happiness on her new path. She wasn’t asking anyone to accept her beliefs, just the possibility that you would still respect her and her beliefs.

Edited by carrdero

thessalonian

[quote name='carrdero' post='1273384' date='May 14 2007, 07:55 PM']I am not quite sure why Belinda originally posted this thread in the debate section or what relationship many Phatmass members had with her but I was a bit taken back by some of these responses. I don’t think Belinda was looking for any sermons or anyone to judge her, I think she was looking for understanding and maybe someone to wish her happiness on her new path. She wasn’t asking anyone to accept her beliefs, just the possibility that you would still respect her and her beliefs.[/quote]

Can't we all just get along? And I suppose that if someone came here saying "well I've decided that abortion is okay and I'm going to be an abortion doctor" we should just say, oh very well then, Godspeed to you. Or if someone says "Oh I've decided to be a child molester" we should say "well good for you, I hope your are successfull and happy at it". "I don't think" is the only part of your post that I find to have a compelling case for the truth about it. We do belinda no good by "understanding" her, at least not in the way that you intend it. Hell is real whether you believe in it or not and people go there for exactly what Belinda is doing. perhaps you two will have a party if you should find that to be your final destination. I will pray that you both repent before that time.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1273410' date='May 14 2007, 08:29 PM']Can't we all just get along? And I suppose that if someone came here saying "well I've decided that abortion is okay and I'm going to be an abortion doctor" we should just say, oh very well then, Godspeed to you. Or if someone says "Oh I've decided to be a child molester" we should say "well good for you, I hope your are successfull and happy at it". "I don't think" is the only part of your post that I find to have a compelling case for the truth about it. We do belinda no good by "understanding" her, at least not in the way that you intend it. Hell is real whether you believe in it or not and people go there for exactly what Belinda is doing. perhaps you two will have a party if you should find that to be your final destination. I will pray that you both repent before that time.[/quote]
Yes, I did notice the word “truth” was abundantly referenced to but you neglect the fact that we weren’t discussing the realities of abortions or child molesters or even axe murderers. Belinda was referring to beliefs and that she may have found a different belief system that was not only convenient to her lifestyle but also comfortable with her spirit and I for one found it very courageous of her to come back and approach her Phatmass brethren with this news and very difficult to watch others spit upon her as she left.

Edited by carrdero

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='carrdero' post='1273456' date='May 14 2007, 09:46 PM']Yes, I did notice the word “truth” was abundantly referenced to but you neglect the fact that we weren’t discussing the realities of abortions or child molesters or even axe murders.[/quote]In fact, Belinda specifically said that one of the reasons she disagreed with the Catholic Church was with regard to its rejection of abortion.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1273456' date='May 14 2007, 09:46 PM']Belinda was referring to beliefs and that she may have found a different belief system that was not only convenient to her lifestyle but also comfortable with her spirit and I for one found it very courageous of her to come back and approach her Phatmass brethren with this news and very difficult to watch others spit upon her as she left.[/quote]Run-on sentence aside, you've sparked my curiousity. Could you cite the specific posts which you would characterize as "spitting upon her as she left"?

[quote]Mateo El Feo writes: In fact, Belinda specifically said that one of the reasons she disagreed with the Catholic Church was with regard to its rejection of abortion.[/quote]So if someone disagrees with someone else’s beliefs this means what? That one must cease to become charitable or respectful?
[quote]Mateo El Feo writes: Run-on sentence aside, you've sparked my curiousity. Could you cite the specific posts which you would characterize as "spitting upon her as she left"?[/quote]Post #49 has documented many of them. I will tell you that if those posts had been stones, Belinda would have been dead before she logged out.

thessalonian

cady,

you have no clue what true charity is. <_< There is little point in discussing anything with you.

God bless

Hey, don't just just fluff the man off like that... give Carrdero some feedback here... dude, I saw no proverbial spitting going on. I saw some comments that were at least upset with her decision to turn from truth, and at most a "fire and brimstone" comment. Define truth for me Carrdero.

thessalonian

I've wasted my time before with cady. This kind can only be driven out with much prayer and fasting.

Edited by thessalonian

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='carrdero' post='1273505' date='May 14 2007, 10:03 PM']So if someone disagrees with someone else’s beliefs this means what? That one must cease to become charitable or respectful?[/quote]It is you who confuse disagreement with a lack of charity and respect.

If you're going to judge us for rejecting Belinda's neo-Egyptian religion, you might as well be equitable and throw the same stones at her for her rejection of Christianity.

[quote name='carrdero' post='1273505' date='May 14 2007, 10:03 PM']Post #49 has documented many of them. I will tell you that if those posts had been stones, Belinda would have been dead before she logged out.[/quote]Dear carrdero, your posts on this thread come across as theatrics. Honestly, claiming that we're throwing rocks and spitting on Belinda...please! Post #49 is the lamest excuse for proof I could have imagined.

thessalonian

[quote]If you're going to judge us for rejecting Belinda's neo-Egyptian religion, you might as well be equitable and throw the same stones at her for her rejection of Christianity.[/quote]

Yes, isn't that the way it is with these types. They are willing to stand alongside a pagan and deride and chide and deny Christians all day long. Good point

Belinda, you have my prayers, even if you don't want them.

I think I can safely say that you have all of our prayers - the phamily is here for you.

I am glad that you are happy, though. I am sorry for all that you went through at the beginning of this year.

I'd like to ask you to read through your posts and everyone's responses. It struck me as I read them how strong the group of people you had praying for you is. Phatmass is incredible - please don't leave us.