An Old School Catholic Message Board

In The Final Days, It Won't Matter What Christian Religion

GodChaser

The biggest reason I am posting up here, is in the final days, it won't matter which Christian religion you belong too. You will band together with your brothers and sisters in the faith, and you will rely on each other. The names, "Roman Catholic, Arian, Oneness Pentecostal, Baptist, Lutheran, Anglican and others" will disappear, and there will only be Christian, follower of Jesus Christ.

Yes, there is lots of finger pointing, but when the great tribulation happens, you know what will happen. You will either band together with any kind of Christian - Catholics will band with protestants, and others - because there will be a huge revival of the things of God before it. Read Joel Chapter 2 if you want to believe me or not.

And once this great revival happens, the tribulation happens. You've made your choice, subconciously or conciously already, and you either know the voice of Jesus Christ or you don't, so you will either have the faith to go through it, or you will not. If not, you will bow yourselves to the beast system, because you have already made that decision. There will be Catholics, and Protestants who will take the mark of the beast, especially protestants who believe in the Pre-Trib rapture - and Catholics who will not understand faith doesn't come from the person, but from God.

God has said many times to me in the scriptures already, that if there is a famine the righteous will have bread to eat. I can't wait for God to prove his promise, as he has promised me in so many other things through the scripture.

Edited by Lil Red

[quote]The biggest reason I am posting up here, is in the final days, it won't matter which Christian religion you belong too. You will band together with your brothers and sisters in the faith, and you will rely on each other. The names, "Roman Catholic, Arian, Oneness Pentecostal, Baptist, Lutheran, Anglican and others" will disappear, and there will only be Christian, follower of Jesus Christ.[/quote]

As if all those groups are one and the same. Don't the words of Jesus strike you, when He said not all who call upon Him "Lord" will be saved? How can those who deny the divinity of Christ be called Christian? How can those who cut themselves off from Him hope for salvation? There is one Body of Christ, those who are members of His Body will be saved through Him.

Katholikos

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1270745' date='May 10 2007, 10:55 PM']The biggest reason I am posting up here, is in the final days, it won't matter which Christian And once this great revival happens, the tribulation happens. You've made your choice, subconciously or conciously already, and you either know the voice of Jesus Christ or you don't, so you will either have the faith to go through it, or you will not. If not, you will bow yourselves to the beast system, because you have already made that decision. There will be Catholics, and Protestants who will take the mark of the beast, especially protestants who believe in the Pre-Trib rapture - and Catholics who will not understand faith doesn't come from the person, but from God.

God has said many times to me in the scriptures already, that if there is a famine the righteous will have bread to eat. I can't wait for God to prove his promise, as he has promised me in so many other things through the scripture.[/quote]

No offense, GC, but this is bull-oney.

BTW, how much time are you giving God to make good on his promises to you? :P:

What's the debate? This is a lecture.

Likos

Brother Adam

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1270745' date='May 11 2007, 01:55 AM']The biggest reason I am posting up here, is in the final days, it won't matter which Christian religion you belong too. You will band together with your brothers and sisters in the faith, and you will rely on each other. The names, "Roman Catholic, Arian, Oneness Pentecostal, Baptist, Lutheran, Anglican and others" will disappear, and there will only be Christian, follower of Jesus Christ.[/quote]

Right idea, wrong method. I was upset about labels and was convinced that it was not what God wanted before I even became Fundamentalist. Being Catholic is in many ways the lack of a label - that is, the lack of denominationalism. Being Catholic is simply belonging to the universal Church which Jesus Christ founded and which is necessary for salvation (If you are saved, you are a member of the Church, if you are not saved, you are not a member of the Church).

Also, in order to understand Daniel, Matthew, Hebrews, and Revelation you need to learn some basic biblical hermeneutics - you have to learn to read the Bible as it was written, genre, context, and all. Revelation was not written chronologically. I suggest reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the document Dei Verbum on biblical interpretation and the senses of scripture.

[quote]III. THE HOLY SPIRIT, INTERPRETER OF SCRIPTURE

109 In Sacred Scripture, God speaks to man in a human way. To interpret Scripture correctly, the reader must be attentive to what the human authors truly wanted to affirm, and to what God wanted to reveal to us by their words.75

110 In order to discover the sacred authors' intention, the reader must take into account the conditions of their time and culture, the literary genres in use at that time, and the modes of feeling, speaking and narrating then current. "For the fact is that truth is differently presented and expressed in the various types of historical writing, in prophetical and poetical texts, and in other forms of literary expression."76

111 But since Sacred Scripture is inspired, there is another and no less important principle of correct interpretation, without which Scripture would remain a dead letter. "Sacred Scripture must be read and interpreted in the light of the same Spirit by whom it was written."77

The Second Vatican Council indicates three criteria for interpreting Scripture in accordance with the Spirit who inspired it.78

112 1. Be especially attentive "to the content and unity of the whole Scripture". Different as the books which compose it may be, Scripture is a unity by reason of the unity of God's plan, of which Christ Jesus is the center and heart, open since his Passover.79

The phrase "heart of Christ" can refer to Sacred Scripture, which makes known his heart, closed before the Passion, as the Scripture was obscure. But the Scripture has been opened since the Passion; since those who from then on have understood it, consider and discern in what way the prophecies must be interpreted.80

113 2. Read the Scripture within "the living Tradition of the whole Church". According to a saying of the Fathers, Sacred Scripture is written principally in the Church's heart rather than in documents and records, for the Church carries in her Tradition the living memorial of God's Word, and it is the Holy Spirit who gives her the spiritual interpretation of the Scripture (". . . according to the spiritual meaning which the Spirit grants to the Church"81).

114 3. Be attentive to the analogy of faith.82 By "analogy of faith" we mean the coherence of the truths of faith among themselves and within the whole plan of Revelation.

The senses of Scripture

115 According to an ancient tradition, one can distinguish between two senses of Scripture: the literal and the spiritual, the latter being subdivided into the allegorical, moral and anagogical senses. The profound concordance of the four senses guarantees all its richness to the living reading of Scripture in the Church.

116 The literal sense is the meaning conveyed by the words of Scripture and discovered by exegesis, following the rules of sound interpretation: "All other senses of Sacred Scripture are based on the literal."83

117 The spiritual sense. Thanks to the unity of God's plan, not only the text of Scripture but also the realities and events about which it speaks can be signs.

1. The allegorical sense. We can acquire a more profound understanding of events by recognizing their significance in Christ; thus the crossing of the Red Sea is a sign or type of Christ's victory and also of Christian Baptism.84

2. The moral sense. The events reported in Scripture ought to lead us to act justly. As St. Paul says, they were written "for our instruction".85

3. The anagogical sense (Greek: anagoge, "leading"). We can view realities and events in terms of their eternal significance, leading us toward our true homeland: thus the Church on earth is a sign of the heavenly Jerusalem.86

118 A medieval couplet summarizes the significance of the four senses:

The Letter speaks of deeds; Allegory to faith;
The Moral how to act; Anagogy our destiny.87

119 "It is the task of exegetes to work, according to these rules, towards a better understanding and explanation of the meaning of Sacred Scripture in order that their research may help the Church to form a firmer judgement. For, of course, all that has been said about the manner of interpreting Scripture is ultimately subject to the judgement of the Church which exercises the divinely conferred commission and ministry of watching over and interpreting the Word of God."88

But I would not believe in the Gospel, had not the authority of the Catholic Church already moved me.89[/quote]

[b]Pat 4:25[/b] When Jesus arrived, he stood before the 33,000 different religions standing outside of their tall temples. These people were busy arguing over which religion the Savoir would come to save and didn't even notice Him. Jesus quickly became bored, shook his head and returned to heaven.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='carrdero' post='1270819' date='May 11 2007, 01:38 AM'][b]Pat 4:26[/b] Lo, then He didst realize that that portion of th Church with 30,000 arguers made up only 1/3 of the people He had gained by His Blood; and lo, He recalled how His One True Church is not divided; and that it includes almost 2/3 of Christianity. So He came again to the 2/3, and the 30,000 arguers among the other 1/3 did not notice.[/quote]

Footnote on Pat 4:26
Older manuscripts of carrderro's post do not contain any reference to Pat 4:26. The earliest manuscript to contain the verse is dated 6 minutes after the original post and is attributed to the scribe and translator Aloysius. Some scholars believe the quote to come from a source they name "Q" which is said to contain all the sayings of carrderro and to be the source of all his posts.

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1270829' date='May 11 2007, 12:44 AM']Pat 4:26 Lo, then He didst realize that that portion of th Church with 30,000 arguers made up only 1/3 of the people He had gained by His Blood; and lo, He recalled how His One True Church is not divided; and that it includes almost 2/3 of Christianity. So He came again to the 2/3, and the 30,000 arguers among the other 1/3 did not notice.[/quote]
Good one.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1270763' date='May 10 2007, 11:19 PM']What's the debate? This is a lecture.[/quote]
Yep. Please pick a topic to debate. Thanks. :)

Groo the Wanderer

Guess we could debate pre-trib, post-trib, no-trib, mid-trib, many-trib, in-trib, out-trib, adam's trib, tribonometry, tribute, indian tribs, or twinkies.

:idontknow:

disclaimer: posted after being on call till midnight, listening to an aussie tech describe the color of his malfunctioning unit instead of telling me what it is doing incorrectly...and a glass of wine. <_<

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1270953' date='May 11 2007, 01:41 AM']Guess we could debate pre-trib, post-trib, no-trib, mid-trib, many-trib, in-trib, out-trib, adam's trib, tribonometry, tribute, indian tribs, or twinkies.

disclaimer: posted after being on call till midnight, listening to an aussie tech describe the color of his malfunctioning unit instead of telling me what it is doing incorrectly...and a glass of wine. <_<[/quote]

Debate the twinkies, and put this in the Lame Board...

Katholikos

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1270953' date='May 11 2007, 01:41 AM']Guess we could debate pre-trib, post-trib, no-trib, mid-trib, many-trib, in-trib, out-trib, adam's trib, tribonometry, tribute, indian tribs, or twinkies.[/quote]

Likos slaps knee and doubles over laughing. :lol_roll: Let's have a go at tribonometry. Where is that in the Bible? :lol: heh heh

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1270953' date='May 11 2007, 02:41 AM']Guess we could debate pre-trib, post-trib, no-trib, mid-trib, many-trib, in-trib, out-trib, adam's trib, tribonometry, tribute, indian tribs, or twinkies.

disclaimer: posted after being on call till midnight, listening to an aussie tech describe the color of his malfunctioning unit instead of telling me what it is doing incorrectly...and a glass of wine. <_<[/quote]

:lol_roll: I should have read the disclaimer first. That was amazingly funny... anywho, I gotta say we should debate one of the tribulation beliefs... umm... what is it exactly? Just utter chaos which includes meteors, wars and demons?