Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Best Thing About Where Your From?


Recommended Posts

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1271341' date='May 11 2007, 03:39 PM']:rolling:
ahem, no no, you go right ahead. I guess I did silly things in college too.
OUR fun games in college included the Wal-Mart game, where you go to a 24-hour Wal-Mart at midnight. There are at least two teams. You go around the store and fill up carts with stuff, then switch carts. First team to put everything back in the proper place wins.

:mellow:[/quote]
A) Our 24 hour Wal-Mart closes at midnight on Saturdays, which would be pretty much the only time we'd be able to get enough people to be able to do something like that.
B) We've almost been kicked out of Wal-Mart before as it is...apparently they don't like you riding the bikes around the store. (No, I didn't do that, one of my friends did)
C) I didn't say we played FREQUENTLY, but when you need warm up games for theatre and stuff, you do some crazy things. And it's somewhat less weird than the time we were playing with my cow flashlight and "exploring the Amazon Rainforest" in the hallway of our dorm...:ninja:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1271344' date='May 11 2007, 03:40 PM']Just knowing you come from a place where they play such a cool game is enough...[/quote]
VERY true!

homeschoolmom
Posted

We used to play the dollar game in college. We'd head to the mall and each team had one dollar to spend. You had to try to buy as many things as you could and stay under a dollar. You had to provide receipts... free stuff didn't count.

MissScripture
Posted

I don't think you'd be able to get much nowadays...

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1271363' date='May 11 2007, 04:08 PM']I don't think you'd be able to get much nowadays...[/quote]
You couldn't get much thenadays, either.

MissScripture
Posted

I suppose there's always the dollar section at Target...that would about cover anything you'd get in the Mall by my school...then again, it's not the worlds best mall, either.

Posted

We would go to montana every year,that is where my parents were from. My mother was raised on flathead lake, and we'd pull in always about midnight. From washington to montana ,long drive, 10 kids! I loved the wide open space and smell of the fresh air off the lake in the morning. I was very little then and I remember picking currants! I also lost my shoe in a big huge wet cow-pie! Nasty! I got a bath in a tub outside and my grandma also had an outhouse, I hated using because my brother said snakes lived in there. I went back there a couple years ago and I still love that place. I still could not find my shoe................The best thing about flathead lake montana is the memories! I don't know if flathead lake has a 24hr Wal-mart though! :cool:

misereremi
Posted

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1271297' date='May 11 2007, 08:49 PM']And as for Merseyside, I was digging the weather until this week, when it got cool and started raining all the time. But it is England. :)[/quote]
I love Merseyside...You've got Neston home of the Sacred Head devotion, Liverpool FC (the greatest team in the UK), and walks in the Wirral...

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1271323' date='May 11 2007, 09:20 PM']best mexican food ever... yes, better than TX and AZ.. perhaps even better than Mexico.
Best tacos, so very tasty and good for you, in the world, The Red Chili, Cerritos, CA.. the ONLY dining establishment to have a 'C' rating that i will frequent on a semi-daily basis!!! tru dat, phoo![/quote] I've been there, lol, I agree...it beats Polly's Pies anyday

Best things about where I live: The Oratory, Shotover Park (it inspired Alice in Wonderland), the bands/music scene

Ora et Labora
Posted

hmmm, texas.........?

:think:

i dunno. it's hot, which bothers me, and all the ppl in my town act like they didn't finish high school...but texas as a whole...is pretty awesome!! we have the prettiest hills, and the nicest ppl!

Ora et Labora
Posted

ok plains, not hills. :sweat:

Posted

We have lovely mountains in Western Maine, but people from some states say they can't even be called mountains. :mellow:

Posted

We have blueberrys and lobster and oceans and mountains and...yeah... :)

Posted

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1271817' date='May 12 2007, 12:19 PM']and all the ppl in my town act like they didn't finish high school...but texas as a whole...is pretty awesome!! we have the prettiest hills, and the nicest ppl![/quote]


I'd rather be around dumb nice people than dumb mean people. :unsure:

Totus Tuus
Posted

Hmm, the best thing about Texas is: It's the best state.

Posted

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1272034' date='May 12 2007, 03:00 PM']Hmm, the best thing about Texas is: It's the best state.[/quote]
Oh!

You MUST be talking about California, then :)

:hehe:

Posted

Best part of South Texas?

me and my family and a good homeade mexican meal. hahaha, seriously though......... and real tacos, so very tasty and good for you, and real mexican pan dulce. (sweet bread)


and Whataburger.

AlterDominicus
Posted

Best thing where I'm from...Over 10,000 lakes

And not miles and miles of just corn and crops and the color green. :lol_pound:

Posted

Virginia has the Blue Ridge Parkway, lovely mountains tinted in shades of blue. Fresh clean air. Sadly, there are no bakeries here, how can a place have no bakeries????

Posted

Fredericksburg is absolutely great. You get a mix of the city life in shopping, culture, and night life. Also nearly everywhere you go has some historical significance. Whether it be the founding fathers or the civil war (especially the war since Fredericksburg is directly between DC and Richmond, hour each way). And most important you have plenty of beautiful country. It is a great place to live!

Posted

Oh definitely the food. I grew up in an area of my state that was mainly settled by Italian immigrants, and we have a great deal of good Italian restaurants in the town. The best time of year is the Italian Heritage Festival when they set up booths from most of them with discounted rates due to the tourists.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...