An Old School Catholic Message Board

American High School With The Most Vocations.

Veritas

+

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=68150"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=68150[/url]

Philadelphia used to have so many vocations. There are so many wonderful religious communities in the Philly area. You can find whatever you are looking for close by. I am not sure, is this high school still open? It is not in the best neighborhood these days. Interesting

[quote name='nunsense' post='1274484' date='May 15 2007, 09:08 PM']Wow! I wish I had sent my daughter to that school! :rolleyes:[/quote]

+

LOL.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

They did say that the school is now only about half Catholic... but, it is quite possible the Holy Spirit works His wonders there and that there are many still open to God's Will for them :)

Ora et Labora

[quote name='alicemary' post='1274446' date='May 15 2007, 08:17 PM']Philadelphia used to have so many vocations. There are so many wonderful religious communities in the Philly area. You can find whatever you are looking for close by. I am not sure, is this high school still open? It is not in the best neighborhood these days. Interesting[/quote]

That's where the Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth are! :) I wish there were more solid communities in TX. <_<

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1276655' date='May 18 2007, 01:55 PM']That's where the Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth are! :) I wish there were more solid communities in TX. <_<[/quote]

They are in Williamsport and Tunkhannock Pennsylvania. Its possible that they may have visited this high school, but Phileadelphia is about 3 hours from Williamsport.

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1276655' date='May 18 2007, 01:55 PM']That's where the Capuchin Sisters of Nazareth are! :) I wish there were more solid communities in TX. <_<[/quote]

Not intending to hijack this thread too much, but I thought there were quite a few good communities in TX. :idontknow:

[quote name='stlmom' post='1277972' date='May 20 2007, 08:58 AM']Not intending to hijack this thread too much, but I thought there were quite a few good communities in TX. :idontknow:[/quote]

That's what I thought too ;)

After reading the complete linked article and school's website one finds that there are not many vocations being produced there today. The mission statement isn't exactly yelling "we're Catholic" and hence it's no surprise the school isn't what it used to be.

[quote name='-I---Love' post='1278016' date='May 20 2007, 12:09 PM']After reading the complete linked article and school's website one finds that there are not many vocations being produced there today. The mission statement isn't exactly yelling "we're Catholic" and hence it's no surprise the school isn't what it used to be.[/quote]

+

Yes. Here's praying they will reclaim their Catholicism in a meaningful and powerful way!

Ora et Labora

[quote name='stlmom' post='1277972' date='May 20 2007, 08:58 AM']Not intending to hijack this thread too much, but I thought there were quite a few good communities in TX. :idontknow:[/quote]

well, not that i know of. i wish! :mellow: