farglefeezlebut Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 Just wondering who yours is? Why did you choose him/her. Mine is Bernadette Soubirous. I chose her because I went to Lourdes and it was wonderful.
Church Punk Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 St. Joseph, and I choose him because he was the step father of Jesus, model for interior life and also the name of my Godfather (Uncle Joe lol).
the_rev Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 Saint Patrick, I had no idea what to have my name be so I was anticipating a very important letter to come in the mail and it came on St. Patrick's Day.
premed_jakey Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 St. Michael the Archangel. I chose him because he is the protecter against Satan and temptation, and I need all the help I can get.
Starets Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 i was confirmed right after i was baptised, at the age of about two months or so. So I don't have a confirmation name!
onathing1 Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 St. Pope Leo the Great....he's the coolest My CCD teacher's eyes bugged outta his head when I asked him if a girl could take a guy saint's name. Hehe.
MIKolbe Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 St. John Bosco - his love of children, his tireless work ethic, his humilty
Totus Tuus Posted May 28, 2007 Posted May 28, 2007 St. Joan of Arc. Mine was "Joan Marie". I was confirmed with my best friend, and she's "Joan Maria". lol
MissyP89 Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 St. Maria Goretti. I chose her originally because my father's aunt had died just before I was confirmed, and I took Maria in her memory. These days, though, I am so glad to have her as my patron for her purity, chastity, and forgiveness. She's a very good role model to have, especially at my age.
goldbug16 Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 St. Elizabeth of Hungary because I was 9 when I chose my saint, and I thought that the whole story about her and the bread and roses was totally Boss. :
jeffpugh Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 St Martin of Tours, because I was into warriors when I was in grade 8. He is a role model to me now because I'm finding that I am becoming more of a warrior than ever. He shows that you can give yourself to Christ, even before the sacraments. It's a sort of hope for future events, whatever they may be.
Sixtina87 Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 St. Sixtus the 2nd! its a long story dealing with the FSGM Sisters! However through the grace of the Holy Spirit and God keeping me close.....I found St. Sixtus II as a very wonderful Saint willing to do what ever it takes to do God's will!
catholicinsd Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 St. Pio, beacause he was the most mordern of the canonised pretty much.
chelsea Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 Maria Goretti. I think its really incredible that she died for the faith at such a young age. I was torn between her and Mother Teresa, but i went with Maria.
homeschoolmom Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 St. Joanna because she was a close follower of Christ.
Sojourner Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 [quote name='Staretz' post='1282700' date='May 28 2007, 04:16 PM']i was confirmed right after i was baptised, at the age of about two months or so. So I don't have a confirmation name![/quote] how did that happen? I thought confirmation always came at an older age?
homeschoolmom Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 The Eastern Rites baptize, give first communion and confirmatation (chrismation) as infants.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now