Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wow...i Was (am) Such A Geek!


Recommended Posts

MissScripture
Posted (edited)

Today, while cleaning my room, I found this "essay" I wrote at the end of my 9th grade College Prep Algebra class. I was such a geek!:

"I think math should be banned from schools, because it is all based on faith, and it is practically it's own religion. You have to BELIEVE that certain variables equal certain numbers and two number combined equal another number. It is all a MATTER OF FAITH! And they are FORCING US TO BELIEVE IT or we FAIL the class, get a bad GPA, aren't able to get into college and spend the rest of our lives saying, "Will you have fries with that" or "Okay, 2 big macs and a supersized beverage?" They are really pushing us under if we don't believe in Math. Of course, none of this matters, since we are a private school and they can teach us whatever they darn well please, but STILL! How come in a "Catholic" school we are forced into taking Math Religion? Not only is math all a matter of faith, but it also brainwashes you! It is practically a cult! After they have you within their clutches, they force you to do math problem after math problem, until you can no longer think of anything else! Then, slowly, your mind is taken over by the madness, and one morning you wake up adn see the trim on a staircase and think, 'Hmm, I wonder what the slope of that line is?' Then it really has you by the throat. You have to spend an entire summer shaking off the effects and clearing your mind. Don't be taken in by this evil cult! Run, while you still can. Run far, and run fast, or you may never escape!!"

Edited by MissScripture
homeschoolmom
Posted
:rolling:
MissScripture
Posted

I wasn't such a big fan of math...

Posted

That letter is brilliant

Posted

Math is my friend.

Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1284491' date='May 30 2007, 03:52 PM']I wasn't such a big fan of math...[/quote]
Me neither. I consider it my enemy.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1284531' date='May 30 2007, 05:07 PM']Math is my friend.[/quote]
:ohno:

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

That was great Miss Scripture! Thanks for giving me an even deeper look into a student's point of view and their hatred for math!!!! LOL This is great! :D:


:rip:

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1284465' date='May 30 2007, 04:25 PM']:rolling:[/quote]


[quote name='hot stuff' post='1284498' date='May 30 2007, 05:05 PM']That letter is brilliant[/quote]

*bows* Thank you, thank you, thank you very much! It was my pleasure!

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1284531' date='May 30 2007, 06:07 PM']Math is my friend.[/quote]
You, my dear friend, are CRAZY! :crazy:



[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1284613' date='May 30 2007, 07:44 PM']That was great Miss Scripture! Thanks for giving me an even deeper look into a student's point of view and their hatred for math!!!! LOL This is great! :D:
:rip:[/quote]
Really, Math has always brought out my creative side, like that...same with Physics. I guess I cannot hate them completely, because they have inspired me to be creative in my expression of intense dislike towards those subjects.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1284621' date='May 30 2007, 07:50 PM']*bows* Thank you, thank you, thank you very much! It was my pleasure!
You, my dear friend, are CRAZY! :crazy:
Really, Math has always brought out my creative side, like that...same with Physics. I guess I cannot hate them completely, because they have inspired me to be creative in my expression of intense dislike towards those subjects.[/quote]

Well, I thought it was hilarious...I loved it!! :lol_roll:

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

It WAS hilarious. And I still hate math.

MissScripture
Posted

So, I just found a bunch of notes from friends in highschool. WOW, I was in an over dramatic group of friends. I feel like my life was like a really bad teen novel...like a REALLY bad version of Princess Diaries, except without the benefit of being a princess...
I am SO GLAD to be done with highschool!

Posted

Y'all shouldn't be besmirching Math!!!!
:maddest:

MissScripture
Posted

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1284780' date='May 30 2007, 10:05 PM']Y'all shouldn't be besmirching Math!!!!
:maddest:[/quote]
I'm not. It brings out my creativity. I am acutally complimenting it with my dislike...?

missionseeker
Posted

I created a facebook group

Letters Belong in a Dictionary NOT a math book.

Can I use some of that on there?

lol.

That was awesome.

MissScripture
Posted (edited)

Go ahead!
And, btw, yes, I actually DID wake up one morning and look at the trim on a staircase and wonder, "What's the slope of that line?" It was truly frightening.


I just joined the facebook group.

Edited by MissScripture
missionseeker
Posted

ha! thanks!

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1284986' date='May 31 2007, 12:36 AM']Go ahead!
And, btw, yes, I actually DID wake up one morning and look at the trim on a staircase and wonder, "What's the slope of that line?" It was truly frightening.
I just joined the facebook group.[/quote]


boy thats what one of my favorite books is ALL about!! :lol:

Its a great one and the kids LOVE it! they beg me to read it. lol

the book:
[img]http://www.sd68.k12.il.us/schools/orchard/LMC/math%20curse.jpg[/img]

Background of book:
[i]Math has never been so funny. When Mrs. Fibonacci tells her class, "You know, you can think of almost everything as a math problem," the Math Curse begins for the little girl in the story. Getting dressed, eating breakfast, waiting for the bus -- EVERYTHING becomes a math problem. How will the math curse ever be broken? By using math, of course. People who like math + People who hate math = People who will love this latest book from the team of Scieszka and Smith.[/i]

its really cute! there's even a science book to go along with it! lol

CajunPirate
Posted

Isn't it funny that the stereotypical job for a high school underachiever always seems to be fast-food?

Posted

oh, I like math! it challenges me lots. ^_^ and I love how there are letters! [i] e[/i] confuses me a little (it was just introduced to me, though, and it wasn't really a proper introduction) but I like [i]i[/i] a lot.

and the Math Curse book looks funny! I like Jon Scieszka, even though his name is confusing... :huh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...