An Old School Catholic Message Board

E-mailing Sittard

cathoholic_anonymous

cathoholic_anonymous

I am about to summon up the courage (yes, at 2:00am) to e-mail the Carmelite Sisters DCJ at their motherhouse in Sittard, the Netherlands. I've been nervous about doing this, but I think the time is ripe, as it looks as though I am going to be on the Continent this summer.

Why is e-mailing communities always so nerve-wracking? It is not as if they are going to order my head on a silver platter, but I'm still a bit skittish. Please pray for me.

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1286119' date='Jun 1 2007, 10:02 PM']Why is e-mailing communities always so nerve-wracking? It is not as if they are going to order my head on a silver platter, but I'm still a bit skittish. Please pray for me.[/quote]

I hate making phone calls myself. Email is easier for me.

Blessings,
Gemma

puellapaschalis

Hehe, I wonder if you'll get an email from Sr. Elvira Maria? She was leading their vocations retreat back in March and she's a lovely lady. We only spoke in Dutch and once she accidentally began prayers in German so I have no idea what her English is like, apologies :)

PP

cathoholic_anonymous

The sisters in America (who gave me the Dutch e-mail address) told me to ask for Sister M. Benedicta, so that is what I have done. :) I resisted the opportunity to practise my Dutch - I don't want to put them off right away.

cathoholic_anonymous

No. The e-mail is sitting in my Draft folder. I did not have the courage to hit 'Enter'. :blush:

I will e-mail...after I have eaten my supper. *dashes off*

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1290363' date='Jun 7 2007, 03:20 PM']No. The e-mail is sitting in my Draft folder. I did not have the courage to hit 'Enter'. :blush:

I will e-mail...after I have eaten my supper. *dashes off*[/quote]
Prayers of [b]strength [/b]being sent your way!

Lioness For Christ

I'll be praying for you! Seriously though, I feel for you... I had a miserable enough time writing the SMME! *and at first I didnt' get a response for like 2 weeks and was afraid to write back asking why and when I did I found they didnt' recieve it! )

But you know? It's totally WORTH it! And it can really give you peace of heart!

I hope you clicked enter! :D