An Old School Catholic Message Board

Retreat

Eureka

With a religious community? To discern religious life? Near you? Far away? To observe the life or participate in it? Directed or solitary? Silent? With talks?

From there I'm certain all of us will have things to contribute! :)

philosophette

I am sure that the Salesian Sisters are having some out in California. You can contact the vocation director at fmasuovoc (at) aol (dot) com

The Eastern sisters are having one June 21-24 and another one Aug 2-5... they are always open to private visits, though! :)

[quote name='shortnun' date='Jun 5 2007, 06:27 PM' post='1288869']
With a religious community? To discern religious life? Near you? Far away? To observe the life or participate in it? Directed or solitary? Silent? With talks?

It doesn't really matter; it has been so long...somewhere that Jesus & I can dance our song once again. Thanks for asking.

Totus Tuus

Have you considered Casa Maria retreat house? It's beautiful, their retreat masters are always very solid, and the hospitality is beautiful :)

[url="http://www.sisterservants.com"]www.sisterservants.com[/url]

Totus Tuus

Also, the Passionists in Kentucky are having a retreat day for women ages 14-30 in July. But I don't think it's going to include as much silence as activity... more of a "come and see" ^_^

i was just going to say CASA MARIA!!!!!

YOUHT SUMMER PROGRAM>>>FOR MAGDALEN COLLEGE>>>>>IN WISCONSIN AND NH

You might try the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles. They have a retreat house in Alhambra, CA and they have retreats all during the year.

the lords sheep

I also want to give a huge thumbs up for the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word and their retreats. My friend, Jenny (jgirl) is a postulant there!

Chiquitunga

Here's a thread I started on [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=63681"]Catholic Retreat Centers[/url], a few months ago. There's some great places listed there too. :pray:

Thanks so much for everyone inputs. I made my decision...I am going to Serra Retreat House in Malibu, CA. It is a Franciscan Retreat house. It is beautiful place by the ocean on top of the hill where I really fall in love with JESUS many years ago...

Have anyone ever been there?