An Old School Catholic Message Board

Personal Revelation Or Biblical Revelation

carrdero

[quote]The Blessed Virgin isnt dead, brother she is assumed with Christ in Heaven. Her body is glorified. Men of the Faith have believed in this long before these unfaithful scientists came along. And I dont want to hear any of your counter-arguments. Ultimately its a mystery, you CANNOT prove it. You must recieve the truth from God in the act of faith. And even then us mortals will never be able to fully comprehend the mysteries of faith.[/quote]I do not believe in the assumption of Mary or the immaculate conception.

The Bible says Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

I believe that applied to Mary.
[quote]
shock.gif We as catholics don't have to believe n private revalations or visions or what have you.
It's not required at all. Some of these places,like Conyers,Georgia,and Medjugoire,I never heard of at all,until I saw something on the news or visiting websites or catholic forums. If I did go to a Marian site it would be Lourdes,or some of the very ancient shrines[/quote]

A church that markets in OPTIONAL beliefs, is one of confusion.

[quote]And yes,there is a tomb of the Virgin in the Holy Land and it has been there many centuries as stated in the link Budge gave[/quote].

So why does the lady that supposely NEVER died have a tomb in the Catholic church? :idontknow:

[quote name='Budge' post='1299924' date='Jun 22 2007, 04:45 PM']So why does the lady that supposely NEVER died have a tomb in the Catholic church? :idontknow:[/quote]

Oh sorry. Who says that the Blessed Virgin never died? That isnt Church Teaching.

[quote]Oh sorry. Who says that the Blessed Virgin never died? That isnt Church Teaching.[/quote]

Actually that is a contadiction in your church's teaching...

"the wages of sin is death" teaches the Bible...

now if she never sinned, they have to make it seem like or make it QUESTIONABLE that she even DIED....

[quote name='Budge' post='1299930' date='Jun 22 2007, 05:02 PM']Actually that is a contadiction in your church's teaching...

"the wages of sin is death" teaches the Bible...

now if she never sinned, they have to make it seem like or make it QUESTIONABLE that she even DIED....[/quote]

who is they? It isnt Church teaching that she never died. She did die just as Christ did. This doesnt take away from the truth she never sinned. Christ never sinned and he died. Christ died because it was God's will and he accepted it. Similarly Mary though sinless died by accepting it from God.