An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ordination Of Women Is Impossible

reyb

[indent]Philosobrat,[/indent]
[indent]I am sorry if I hurt you in anyway, though I do not mean to do it. I never criticize personality when it comes to religious discussion because this subject is not between you and I or anybody even leaders in the Church, it is not about superiority or inferiority of male and female. But this is about ‘doctrines’. I am hoping that we are all matured enough or may I say, must act and think like a mannered person, ignoring small differences and go to much higher criticism – constructive as it is – even touching the very core of church's doctrine which was humbly honored for so many years by faithful but failed to fully understand why they must accept, believe and put their faith in them as God instituted doctrines[/indent]
[indent]Role of women in the church is really a big issue – and needs inputs.[/indent]

[indent]Ok. Go to your bishop and tell ‘father, can you please spank those boys?’ [/indent]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[indent]Cmotherpril,
Thank you. I almost forgot to say it. [/indent]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[indent]In CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH SECOND EDITION, Chapter VI.- WHO CAN RECEIVE THIS SACRAMENT? Paragraph 1577 states

"Only a baptized man (vir) validly receives sacred ordination." The Lord Jesus chose men (viri) to form the college of the twelve apostles, and the apostles did the same when they chose collaborators to succeed them in their ministry. The college of bishops, with whom the priests are united in the priesthood, makes the college of the twelve an ever-present and ever-active reality until Christ's return. The Church recognizes herself to be bound by this choice made by the Lord himself. For this reason the ordination of women is not possible. [/indent]
[indent]May I ask why?[/indent]

Edited by reyb

philosophette

Reyb,

My discussion was *never* about women being ordained as priests. Never. period. end of story. ever. I do not care to get into that argument, it does not matter all that much to me anyway, I do not want to be a priest, I do not encourage other women to seek ordination; it is something that I think much about. Having said that, I am not the best person to debate with about that, but I am sure that you will find Terra Firma, Aloysius, and others here on Phatmass to be far more learned than I in this matter and more engaging for a discussion. :bigthink:

I am wondering if perhaps there is some language difference as to why you do not seem able to comprehend that I do not wish to discuss ordination, as was stated many times in the other topic. If you are interested in hearing the full Catholic viewpoint, chapter and verse and paragraph, I am sure that someone will provide it for you. :deal:

In terms of those men who have mistreated me, the priests included, I am sure that God will take care of them in his own time. :spanking: I have moved on since February when I first posted that topic. It is now June. :nocomment:

Thank you for your thoughts and I hope someone can offer you an engaging discussion, as I know where my intellectual limitations are and this is not a topic I feel any competency about past the basic comprehension that most studied Catholics have. :gradtalk:

peace and all good. :hippie:

philosobrat

Edited by philosobrat

philosophette

I meant to say that women's ordinations is something that I *do not* think much about.