An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pro-life Strategy

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

does anyone know what prominent groups are planning as per changing the abortion laws of the high courts? last i knew they were working on the partial birth ban, but now that it's good, what's next?
legally, what could be attacked that's not already decided?
is there a good reason to think something already decided might change?

also, what would you tell someone who's skeptical about placing their vote soley on the pro-life position if they say they don't think it'd change anything?
what if they said even if you got a republican over and over, he'd probably elect people who follow precedent such that you could never get enough to over turn etc? as evidence by the number of regan, regan especially, and bush appointees who choose not to vote against it?

dairygirl4u2c

if so many people are basing their politicians on this issue... how come no one's answering?
i've seen so many people give anathema to those who vote pro-choice candidate for other reasons bcs that they think that nothing will change, yet every single one of those people that i have seen couldn't answer a few basic questions like this thread...

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1290601' date='Jun 7 2007, 10:13 PM']does anyone know what prominent groups are planning as per changing the abortion laws of the high courts? last i knew they were working on the partial birth ban, but now that it's good, what's next?
legally, what could be attacked that's not already decided?
is there a good reason to think something already decided might change?

also, what would you tell someone who's skeptical about placing their vote soley on the pro-life position if they say they don't think it'd change anything?
what if they said even if you got a republican over and over, he'd probably elect people who follow precedent such that you could never get enough to over turn etc? as evidence by the number of regan, regan especially, and bush appointees who choose not to vote against it?[/quote]

I dont see why we have to worry about a court case or some kind of event coming up after we have those in office who will cooperate with us. There are plenty of situations that can be won for the pro-life position, if only we had the people for it. Even if it's as small as the local abortion mill getting shut down because they violated a building code or whatever. Little things like this can only happen if there are pro-lifers running the show. As pro-lifers we need to take these things step by step.
A national ban on abortion won't come overnight. Work to save your local unborns first. Remeber, the Vatican officials during the Second World War didn't turn down the Jews that came a few at a time to seek refuge within the Vatican, just because they couldn't save all of the Jews at once. The same goes with the unborn in America.

Another thing, policitians should never be trusted. They should never be really truly considered on your side, even if they say they are truly pro-life. They should always rather be seen as tools for our own use to clean up society, rather than being treated like a friend that we actually trust.